Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

after 3x kick - ban for 1hours for all servers

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

after 3x kick - ban for 1hours for all servers

Postby [gt]neiT. » Aug 19th, '14, 7:05 pm

Hi,

if u r ruining the game and ur kicked for being douchebag you deserve ban at least for 1h !
Bot ruining the game.

nothing else needs to be said, just take a look in attached .txt

Implement automatic BAN for 1hour after 3rd kick.

Have a nice day,
neiT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[gt]neiT.

Re: after 3x kick - ban for 1hours for all servers

Postby Timothy » Aug 19th, '14, 8:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=631

hk doesn't seem to care
Timothy

Postby <hk> » Aug 20th, '14, 12:47 am

I wouldn't say that.

I cannot ban people. But I can certainly block an ip-address for an hour after several kicks. Since this is not an ip range ban the risk of banning innocent players is minimal.

Totally doable. Will do.

Please, remind me in case I didn't do it by weekend!
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Ahnuld » Aug 20th, '14, 11:24 am

Not really feasible to get rid crysis, he keeps disconnecting on vote and joining back after it passes or fails. Not to mention the passing vote kicking another player when the target disconnects if clientkick was voted.
Ahnuld

Postby wubwub » Aug 22nd, '14, 11:38 am

Crysis Warhead wrote:unless the IP is used to DDoS this site.

o_o
wubwub

Postby Ahnuld » Aug 22nd, '14, 1:18 pm

hk plz(please) respond
Ahnuld

Postby <hk> » Aug 22nd, '14, 4:30 pm

Well, I wrote the ip checking part in my lunch break today. It's not much but I'm at it.

To address the disconnection problem I see two possibilities:

A)
There was this callvote wrapper i have been itching to write for some time now. I suppose this is it. The reason I have been waiting for.
However, I am not sure I can do all this today. But it's feasible over the weekend.

Code: Select all
/callvote ban <playerId>
to have people removed from the server for an hour.

B)
I can just put it into the server admin interface so serveradmins can ban people with
!admin ban <playerId>

That would be much quicker to implement since most of the code is already there.
There probably have to be picked a bunch of new server admins. The old ones mostly retired.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby muckster » Aug 22nd, '14, 5:21 pm

callvote option A)
muckster

Postby Crysis Warhead » Aug 22nd, '14, 6:29 pm

<hk> wrote:Well, I wrote the ip checking part in my lunch break today. It's not much but I'm at it.

To address the disconnection problem I see two possibilities:

A)
There was this callvote wrapper i have been itching to write for some time now. I suppose this is it. The reason I have been waiting for.
However, I am not sure I can do all this today. But it's feasible over the weekend.

/callvote ban <playerId>
to have people removed from the server for an hour.

B)
I can just put it into the server admin interface so serveradmins can ban people with
!admin ban <playerId>

That would be much quicker to implement since most of the code is already there.
There probably have to be picked a bunch of new server admins. The old ones mostly retired.

Advisory: Callvote ban must be programmed to use once per session, once callvote ban is ended, it cannot be used again until the map is restarted or next map is loaded. The argument is not enough, my suggestion is /callvote ban <player name> <ban duration in mins, min 15 max 60> <reason>. You can also implement clientban, as follows: /clientban <client num> <ban duration in mins, min 15 max 60> <reason>. Once ban or clientban is callvoted, both ban and clientban are disabled. This is to foil vote abusers. In additon, temporarily ban a player from all servers would be seen too unfair, so a player is banned from #ProfoundVelocity NoOBs only affect that server. We can also implement a more restrictive callvote ban or clientban that is disabled globally once used in a server, once callvote ban or clientban is used on one server it is disabled for all servers in current session. The suggested message for temporaily banned players attempting to connect the affected server is:
YOU ARE TEMPORARILY BANNED FROM THIS SERVER FOR XX MINUTES
REASON: <reason>
ممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایران
Image Image
Crysis Warhead
war this cryhead

Postby ZyaX » Aug 23rd, '14, 5:38 pm

Crysis Warhead wrote:words

No thanks. Only you would benefit from these suggestions.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason