Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

Admin rules

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

Admin rules

Postby <hk> » Jan 25th, '11, 12:40 am

Admins should stick to rules. Here is what comes to mind.

The main purpose of an admin is to keep the server undisturbed. This can be enforced through kicking.
  • Admins have to explain people beforehand why they are kicked.
  • Admins have to give players a chance(warning) to fix the kick reason before they proceed to kick players. (e.g. stop flooding)
  • Personal feelings stay at home.
  • Disrespect for admins for their actions is not a crime and therefore shall not be punished. Unless it's personal.

If admins make up own rules they have to make them public. The server has a Message of the day function.

Any suggestions?
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Admin rules

Postby $$-albion » Jan 25th, '11, 1:11 am

Well, those rules seem to sum it up pretty much in my opinion :p

But here's my 2 cents anyway:
  • Admins should keep a log of players kicked (maybe even warned?), including used nickname, account name + id if known, server, reason, etc.
  • Also, logs should be passed on to other admins on a regular basis and gathered in one main log, which can then be distrubuted amongst admins.
  • Admins can't overrule current serveradmins such as lovet, but this only applies when those serveradmins agree on giving admin rights to the new admins on their server.
  • When the previous is applied, newly appointed admins can (should) enforce the preferred rules when said serveradmins aren't online. Currently there are, as far as I know, no specific rules on either of the A*51 servers, but on lovet's server there's a "log or kick" policy when he's online, so in theory other admins should apply this rule without favouring anyone.

That's about it I guess :p
$$-albion

Postby <hk> » Jan 25th, '11, 11:19 am

$$-albion wrote:
  • Admins should keep a log of players kicked (maybe even warned?), including used nickname, account name + id if known, server, reason, etc.
  • Also, logs should be passed on to other admins on a regular basis and gathered in one main log, which can then be distrubuted amongst admins.

A while ago I wrote an admin system. You can use it via !admin. You don't have to know the rcon password and all actions are automatically logged into the database. I didn't include a "kick reason"-field, though(laziness). Unfortunately, lovet doesn't use it.

$$-albion wrote:
  • Admins can't overrule current serveradmins such as lovet, but this only applies when those serveradmins agree on giving admin rights to the new admins on their server.
  • When the previous is applied, newly appointed admins can (should) enforce the preferred rules when said serveradmins aren't online. Currently there are, as far as I know, no specific rules on either of the A*51 servers, but on lovet's server there's a "log or kick" policy when he's online, so in theory other admins should apply this rule without favouring anyone.

I am not a friend of lovet's rule. Also I don't really know if it is beneficial to spell out a hirachy.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby $$-albion » Jan 25th, '11, 12:13 pm

<hk> wrote:A while ago I wrote an admin system. You can use it via !admin. You don't have to know the rcon password and all actions are automatically logged into the database. I didn't include a "kick reason"-field, though(laziness). Unfortunately, lovet doesn't use it.

That's pretty handy ;D and yeah I heard lovet doesn't use the usual admin system :p

<hk> wrote:I am not a friend of lovet's rule. Also I don't really know if it is beneficial to spell out a hirachy.

I understand your point. In any case, would it be wrong for an appointed admin who respects (as a matter of speech) lovet's rule, to apply that rule (with proper warning of course) when said admin is on the server and lovet isn't? Or would that fall under "kicking for personal reasons"?
$$-albion

Postby Crysis Warhead » May 24th, '14, 9:38 pm

Administrators of the Q3DF servers shall comply my Q3DF Administrators Act. Penalties shall be imposed once any administrators contravened any of the sections.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایران
Image Image
Crysis Warhead
war this cryhead

Postby jesus » Jul 19th, '19, 2:06 am

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Personal feelings stay at home.
...shall not be punished. Unless it's personal.
jesus