Board index mDd Board Rule finding board

Ways to punish

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

Re: Ways to punish

Postby <hk> » May 24th, '10, 7:33 pm

This thread better comes up with something. I don't want to merge all accounts of players that have been sharing accounts. That's not the right way, i guess.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby $$-albion » May 24th, '10, 10:15 pm

If it's just 2 or 3 recs, you could just delete those. Anyway anything but the way you merged spanks and lith :p I never saw spanks ask lith to make those recs and spanks ended up with an erased account and lith just used a script to get his account erased.

Maybe you could punish the one who set the recs for the other one, dunno there isn't any simple solution to such a problem, other than delete both accounts, which is imo a bit radical :p
$$-albion

Postby aadad » May 24th, '10, 10:42 pm

Merging accounts from different players would imply them being allowed to use the same account then.

Also it's not really provable in some instances, e.g. nova and ryze could set plenty times for each other and you'd never find out becaus they're brothers living under the same roof.

Also if lith visited bazz and brought his computer with him and set some times then you'd accuse them for account sharing.
Sure it's obvious if the country location changes within a few minutes, but when there are some days in between you'd act based on unproved assumptions.

Also to be punished is the player who owns the account the times were set on, not the player who set the times. Say tyaz set a time for player X. Now how would you determine it was in fact tyaz and not other cologners like me, mikendo, etc

I don't see that much harm done besides that it's just lame. Owning several accounts and spamming the database is a more severe issue.

@Alien: Your suggestion is useless and will result in area-bans which will potentially affect more than just one player..
aadad
accusing and complaining

Postby <hk> » May 25th, '10, 12:12 am

$$-albion wrote:[...] and lith just used a script to get his account erased.

So that's ok? I don't think so. Cheat is cheat. It's also why i don't listen to lith at all. Why should i make things better or even help a person out who cheated (or at least tried to be smarter than the system by using cheats to force me to delete his account).

[2337]w wrote:Merging accounts from different players would imply them being allowed to use the same account then.
[...]
Also it's not really provable in some instances, e.g. nova and ryze could set plenty times for each other and you'd never find out becaus they're brothers living under the same roof.
[...]
I don't see that much harm done besides that it's just lame.

Not new to me. That's why I created this thread. Next time suggestions / solutions, please

I came up with:
  • Temporary account suspention
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby AL!EN » May 25th, '10, 9:31 am

[2337]w wrote:@Alien: Your suggestion is useless and will result in area-bans which will potentially affect more than just one player..

Excuse me but from my 8 year experience about "how banned players/cheaters act when they are banned" i know everything about positives and negatives. And history shows that it will work because baned players are humans, not robots. I will defend my suggestion by all my experience and examples from the past, but i also come with "Temporary account suspension" with HK post it already.

Now the question is: for how long account should be suspended :?:
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby $$-albion » May 25th, '10, 12:18 pm

<hk> wrote:
$$-albion wrote:[...] and lith just used a script to get his account erased.

So that's ok? I don't think so. Cheat is cheat. It's also why i don't listen to lith at all. Why should i make things better or even help a person out who cheated (or at least tried to be smarter than the system by using cheats to force me to delete his account).

Wait what? I didn't say that was ok, it's far from OK, I just gave the most recent happening of that particular way to "reset" your account, like tyaz has done a few too many times :p

And wesp you got a point about the "punish the account with the times set by another", I didn't consider the fact that you can only be sure who did it if you actually saw it, or compare IP's which is not always trustable. But still I think for the times you know for sure are set by a particular person on another account should get erased/swipe the account of the one who set it.
$$-albion

Postby xR gloat » Jun 12th, '10, 11:43 pm

eS-AL|EN wrote:First violation of rules: Delete account and ban for 3 months
Second violation of rules: Delete account and permanent ban
I personally think that cheaters don't deserve a second chance because 8 years experience shows that when someone cheats, he became cheater forever and he will do this again

I agree with this.
xR gloat

Postby |PsY|blumen » Jun 14th, '10, 10:35 am

Merging should have an end.
Cheating + scripting should be punished with an official lifetime ban, even thought it cant be done as far as i know. This is a very major violation, cheaters cant be trusted of not being cheating again.
For suspicius records, demos can be requested for specific maps, until demo is provided and legit, account is supsended. Demos have to be stored for 3 months, if demo cant be sent because its deleted before the 3month timespan, record gets removed.
Players require to be available through email.

If cheating or scripting is selfreported before the new rules apply, specific times get removed, no penalty, or even better, new database.
If multiple accounts get detected, all records from all accounts get deleted.
If multiple accounts get selfreported, user can sepficy the main account, others get deleted, no merging.
If account sharing happens (playing on foreign accounts), both accounts get removed, because both players know the no sharing rule.
If account gets hacked, records can be deleted back to a specific date.

Seriously i dont see any case of a minor penalty. Cheating is always a major issue. Should always be punished the hardest way possible, no exceptions.
Claiming that you were not informed about this rule, is a rule violation by itself. This could be a minor penalty.

Also a final, definitive ruleset is required which allows no backdoors.
|PsY|blumen
sparkle bunny

Postby <hk> » Jun 14th, '10, 11:07 am

I think the rule set is pretty final. I am open for suggestions, though.
The problem is: Harder penalties don't work. What works is a 0 tolerance policy and a way to get away with denunciation so people reset and start over, i guess.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby |PsY|blumen » Jun 15th, '10, 3:03 pm

cheating is a nice way to get your records deleted, that is the current situation
|PsY|blumen
sparkle bunny

PreviousNext