Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

VQ3-CJ - New world record on white 3

Are you really the best?

VQ3-CJ - New world record on white 3

Postby HLIDSKJALF » Dec 29th, '18, 8:45 pm

And this time demo isn't broken, enjoy :)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _315.dm_68

EDIT: White 1 done:

EDIT: White 2 done:
vq3-cj[mdf.vq3]00.00.872(HLIDSKJALF.France)_CUT_14133_14144.dm_68

Uncut version, if you want to see fails:
vq3-cj[mdf.vq3]00.00.872(HLIDSKJALF.France).dm_68

EDIT: White 3 done:
vq3-cj[mdf.vq3]00.00.824(HLIDSKJALF.France)_CUT_23010_23021.dm_68
405-562, move wasn't perfect at the end, could have gotten 565+
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HLIDSKJALF on Jan 25th, '19, 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
HLIDSKJALF

Re: VQ3-CJ - New world record on brown 4

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jan 3rd, '19, 7:50 am

Damn, nice! What is this equivalent to? What's the space in units, groundspeed, etc.?
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby HLIDSKJALF » Jan 5th, '19, 11:35 am

The gap is 408 units big, made with 406-563 CJ.
Counting the edge jumping and stepup, chsinfo 142 says it was a 381 units long jump.
I plan on stopping grinding when I hit the 410 units gap achievment :)
It will be white 2, and it's not for now...
HLIDSKJALF

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jan 7th, '19, 9:12 pm

Judging by your cj method, I guess the traditional 90 or 180 degree cj won't cut it for 560+. I see you using only left strafe at the end. Might have to finally cave in and study cgaz hud, lol. This is the method I'm using right now. I get high ground speed sometimes, but the final result is lacking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
esc?nebuLa

Postby sjuk » Jan 8th, '19, 3:06 am

Who will be first to find out the "escape velocity" for the last gap of this map :chores-mowlawn:
After monopads-glm we can just assume that max speed 570+ ups is needed
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby HLIDSKJALF » Jan 12th, '19, 9:37 pm

esc?nebuLa wrote:Judging by your cj method, I guess the traditional 90 or 180 degree cj won't cut it for 560+. I see you using only left strafe at the end. Might have to finally cave in and study cgaz hud, lol. This is the method I'm using right now. I get high ground speed sometimes, but the final result is lacking.

I'm using this method cause it allows me to not worry that much about my take-off angle, judging by this article, the optimal angle is 20° and it's absolutely counter-intuitive to me to not jump when i'm facing the direction I want to go, i'm not consistent enough without airchange, plus airchange allows me to control a bit better my direction, by choosing when i change strafe side.
Last lanes are so tight that i want to avoid useless difficulties, there's already little room for error, holding jump for 3 frames instead of 1 or 2 can make you not land, jumping a few frames earlier can make you fail, wrong timing, etc., it's just the best method for me, but if you're good enough without airchange there's no reason you can't do it.
You need good ground speed, good take off angle, jumping at the very last moment, releasing jump fast enough, having the smallest change in direction possible, any of these step can lead to a fail, and having to switch strafe side fast enough is a lesser problem than worrying about my take-off angle.
I watched your demo, very good jump, you aimed exactly aimed at the end of the snapzone and left it as soon as you had to, timing was excellent.

sjuk wrote:Who will be first to find out the "escape velocity" for the last gap of this map :chores-mowlawn:
After monopads-glm we can just assume that max speed 570+ ups is needed

White 4 is 412 units bigs, and judging by the article above, the absolute limit is 388 units, plus the 31 units of your model in the void, and 1 unit on the ground to not fall, which gives us a max distance of 419/420, not including roundings each frame.
I was able to do a 417 untis long jump with a bot, and it's just a matter of time for human made white 4, i'll get them all, but it will take some time.
There's no escape velocity, it depends of too much things, believe it or not but white 1 is possible with 532 ups if you get all the accel at the beginning, see by yourself:
bot_white1.dm_68
Last edited by HLIDSKJALF on Jan 13th, '19, 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HLIDSKJALF

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jan 13th, '19, 2:28 am

Thanks for the detailed reply, HLIDSKJALF!

I'll have to try the 20 degree method. Usually, I'll use the 180 degree method and try to get optimal yaw speed and ground speed by feel. Using the 90 degree method, I can also feel when I switch properly, but it's less reliable for the end result. I'd have to say that my greatest weakness has always been jump holding and releasing. I'm aware that this tiny inconsistency adds precious frames to everything. I use space for jump, and have tried mouse2 several times, but it just feels very unnatural. I'll have to experiment with brown 1 and see what works best.

Do you happen to have a cj demo for amt-freestyle6 cj 10? I'd like to see a cpm cj 10 demo as well.
esc?nebuLa

Postby HLIDSKJALF » Jan 14th, '19, 12:00 am

esc?nebuLa wrote:Thanks for the detailed reply, HLIDSKJALF!
Do you happen to have a cj demo for amt-freestyle6 cj 10? I'd like to see a cpm cj 10 demo as well.

Lane 10 on amt-freestyle6 gap is the same than brown2 on vq3-cj, I already sent you the demo, gonna be hard to do for me there, don't have the feeling on when to jump on that map.
I don't play CPM, so my demos won't be of any help, never had a look on how to do it, all i know is the theory, 445°/s rotation for ground part.

[EDIT 2: Here's the demo you asked me:
amt_cj_lane10_CUT_447_452.dm_68
]

Also, update, just made white 1:
vq3-cj[mdf.vq3]00.00.912(HLIDSKJALF.France)_CUT_6538_6552.dm_68

Only 3 lanes to go :)

Edit: White 2 done, demos in first post :)
HLIDSKJALF

Re: VQ3-CJ - New world record on white 2

Postby Le another black niger » Jan 15th, '19, 4:15 pm

Ground speed is improvable by snapping it like in setup's demo @ w3spgaz pads; so my bets on 388 being not max
Le another black niger

Postby chert pomojnyj » Jan 15th, '19, 9:35 pm

HLIDSKJALF wrote:White 2 done

you should uplaod demo to hollydriv3r! (i still have no idea how this is possible ' D)
I'm not a dog, but I love my master - the god of torture and vq3.. and plasma.
chert pomojnyj

Next