Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2017

DFWC 2017 Announcement

DFWC 2017 Announcement

Postby dqopb » May 3rd, '17, 8:47 pm

Hi everyone!

Some news about DFWC 2017.
Briefly: we plan to conduct a DFWC this year, starting in September.
More details below.

The former DFWC admin hk cannot spend enough time to defrag due to personal reasons. Early in 2016 he entrusted DFWC 2016 arrangement to his fellow Aurum. He has got enough maps for the competition. But 2016 has passed, and there were no news from him. Although he appears on servers from time to time, he doesn’t reply to emails, and there are no other ways to contact him.

We really tried contacting him multiple times, we offered help and asked about the status – it lead to nothing. He didn’t mention any dates, neither he said if he needed any help. Basically most of attempts to reach him lead to silent ignoring. We’ve got tired waiting, and since there were no other organizers – we want to take over the initiative. We asked hk and he didn’t mind about it. Besides, Kabcorp reached out to us and offered his map that he had previously given to Aurum.

So far the implied list of organizers is the following:
  • xajA
  • Michael
  • dqopb
  • zapadlo
In addition to that, we have other decent mappers, map testers and demo validators.
So far we’ve got 5 maps.

We plan to start dfwc in September, because summer is coming – exams and vacations time. And if somebody want to train his best defrag shape – there’s still time to train.

We still need around 3-5 maps.
If you’re a mapper and you have a good map – feel free to submit it, we will accept it if it is good enough.
If you’re a mapper and you want to make a map for dfwc – you still have the time. Just let us know about your plans, so that we would know and be able to track progress.
If you wish to offer other help, or if you have questions – please just comment below.
Also we are usually available on DeFRaG server in discord: https://discord.me/defrag

We will be glad to see you all among participants in September, and good luck training everyone! ;)
dqopb

Re: DFWC 2017 Announcement

Postby PopeJo » May 3rd, '17, 9:38 pm

Good stuff!
PopeJo

Postby esc?nebuLa » May 3rd, '17, 9:45 pm

Fantastic news! Looking forward to it. :dance: :mrgreen: 8-)
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby dqopb » May 4th, '17, 8:35 pm

An update: Aurum has reached me and is going to share the maps he has got. He said he doesn't have the time to organize dfwc, and he hasn't got enough maps. But maps he has got, plus those we have got – should be enough. Also xlarve offered his map, and we may expect a couple more maps from other mappers.

Long story short, we may have more than enough maps already. If we get too many maps, we will make sort of casting. Would be nice to know the players opinions, how many maps should be there in dfwc?

Will update later about the number of the maps. No hurry though - there's still time to filter and order the maps in a list.
dqopb

Postby legit » Jun 5th, '17, 7:22 pm

Good job guys.. we need n1k and springy aswell to map :idea:
legit

Postby demon0r » Sep 18th, '17, 10:08 pm

dqopb wrote:Long story short, we may have more than enough maps already. If we get too many maps, we will make sort of casting. Would be nice to know the players opinions, how many maps should be there in dfwc?

I'd say, about 7-8 rounds would be fine. Also, if you need some help, I can be demos validator or something.
demon0r

Postby ZcarecroW » Sep 25th, '17, 11:58 am

I think 8 is a good number :]
ZcarecroW

Postby twitch.tv/nermor » Sep 28th, '17, 12:19 am

I can't help you with Validating or Mapmaking but i can give you my energy.
DFWC TEAM 2017 TAKE MY ENERGY :!:
twitch.tv/nermor

Postby Stalker » Oct 11th, '17, 1:30 am

what would be needed for next dfwc? common lets at least try to make one more dfwc
A real quaker doesnt sleep , he re-spawns
Stalker

Postby dqopb » Oct 20th, '17, 11:43 pm

Hey guys, stay tuned because we're going to open registration really soon!
We have run late for a start in September and October, for technical reasons. Most of the maps required significant rework, and we also worked on an anti-cheat client. But we're almost there now! And we're planning to finish DFWC before Christmas, so you guys will not need to trade your time between holiday celebration and training maps.

Stalker wrote:what would be needed for next dfwc? common lets at least try to make one more dfwc
Do you mean the next dfwc after dfwc2017? Good new maps is always the bottleneck.
dqopb

Next