Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

Lets make Defrag great again!

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

Re: Lets make Defrag great again!

Postby j4n » Feb 3rd, '17, 8:50 pm

[DF]yotoon wrote:Also, all recorded demos shouldn't be available to the public. I think the "author" of the demos should be able to pick the demos he want others to download.

^^^
The only one right soultion of demos sharing problem.
Оnly author can decide which demos he wants to show, and which not.
If u want "Fair Play" u can be just principled, and not download demos. :snooty:
Problem with the suspicious times also can be solved.
Need a special system "mark this time as cheat" and if that time collect for example 50 "dislikes" group of trusted admins will watch it and make a decision cheat it or not. If cheat - it must be shared for others and player must be banned w/o saving all of his times/timehistories/hidden ranks etc. :naughty:
j4n

Postby Takyon » Feb 3rd, '17, 10:06 pm

bibi wrote:WALL OF TEXT

Well, your reasoning has actually turned me around somewhat. I view defrag as being a collective optimization endeavor when it really only sets out to be competition among individuals. I think that my motivations are more momentous than purely ego-driven ones, but I realize that defrag shouldn't be whatever I think carries more meaning. It's all pretty pointless in the end anyways.

I didn't know that admins had access to demos of runs performed on servers before my first post. This makes bots and wallbugs less of an issue as long as admins check when there are suspicions.

I don't know which admins are active or how to report this (this should be made clear somewhere), so to cast a wide net:

I think that the rank 1 on this map: https://www.q3df.org/records/details?ma ... 1&physic=1 might have used wallbug.
Takyon

Postby lith » Feb 4th, '17, 10:12 am

Takyon wrote:
bibi wrote:WALL OF TEXT

Well, your reasoning has actually turned me around somewhat. I view defrag as being a collective optimization endeavor when it really only sets out to be competition among individuals. I think that my motivations are more momentous than purely ego-driven ones, but I realize that defrag shouldn't be whatever I think carries more meaning. It's all pretty pointless in the end anyways.

I didn't know that admins had access to demos of runs performed on servers before my first post. This makes bots and wallbugs less of an issue as long as admins check when there are suspicions.

I don't know which admins are active or how to report this (this should be made clear somewhere), so to cast a wide net:

I think that the rank 1 on this map: https://www.q3df.org/records/details?ma ... 1&physic=1 might have used wallbug.

Oh don't worry, there are PLENTY of times that are still wallbugged online, bardok-cpm for example. The only reason I brought up the whole database reset too is because it was a suggestion a while ago iirc.

If we're gonna vote on admins, I think toony, alpha, mucki, root, goper would be some good choices.
-l1th-
lith

Postby Lame » Feb 4th, '17, 11:21 am

lith wrote:If we're gonna vote on admins, I think toony, alpha, mucki, root, goper would be some good choices.

I hope that you see difference between administrator and moderator. With cheated more or less demos problem is that still there are probably a lot of 'features' to reveal and some of top players know about them and that make game less fair. Ofc people won't share with demos as a part of their routes i understand that, but ... i think it's fair option to share with some techniques and update guides on forum to avoid wrongful accusation of cheating (except senseless wallingering and similar things).

Back to topic ... i think now we should focus on major things like bring freshness to this site f.e. and then think about features. Let's wait for toons vision of this. Step by step everything not at once.
Lame

Postby XPC32 » Feb 4th, '17, 5:12 pm

lith wrote:If we're gonna vote on admins, I think toony, alpha, mucki, root, goper would be some good choices.

Yotoon, root, goper - definitely
Alpha - isn't active, but if he is definitely
Mucki - I thought he already had access to wiki, banning accounts and deleting times?

Anyways, a new thread for this might be a better idea.
bewarned ! i am a noob !
XPC32

Postby Ahnuld » Feb 4th, '17, 9:57 pm

I nominate myself for supreme ruler, imparting swift justice at a whim. My days of reigning over several ET trickjump servers act as my resumé.
Ahnuld

Postby XPC32 » Feb 4th, '17, 10:50 pm

Ahnuld wrote:I nominate myself for supreme ruler, imparting swift justice at a whim. My days of reigning over several ET trickjump servers act as my resumé.

Sorry, you don't satisfy the requirement, wherein you are required to log 200+ unique cpm times.
bewarned ! i am a noob !
XPC32

Postby kane.ups » Feb 4th, '17, 11:20 pm

XPC32 wrote:

Yotoon, root, goper - definitely
Alpha - isn't active, but if he is definitely
Mucki - I thought he already had access to wiki, banning accounts and deleting times?

Anyways, a new thread for this might be a better idea.

demos should be public. theres a person with literally 16+ accounts who multiple logs times on maps/random obs/yawscripts and no1 is doing anything about it. kind of embarassing tbh, and its probly because his friends have rcon and wont ban him or delete his times.
kane.ups

Postby yourGn » Feb 5th, '17, 3:56 am

Ahnuld wrote:I nominate myself for supreme ruler, imparting swift justice at a whim. My days of reigning over several ET trickjump servers act as my resumé.

I support Ahnuld's claim for the throne. Also, he should get paid for this shit. It's hard work you know. The only other candidate I see now is the crazy Malaysian guy, I forgot his name...

More seriously, I really like the MDGA movement, toon, you da man we didn't know we needed.
yourGn

Postby hairy balls » Feb 5th, '17, 7:41 am

yourGn wrote:I really like the MDGA movement, toon, you da man we didn't know we needed.

let's hope he ain't another jewish snake tho, defrag uber alles word up
hairy balls

PreviousNext