Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

Adding some more maps... please! :)

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

Adding some more maps... please! :)

Postby ZyaX » Oct 14th, '09, 10:10 am

Since I've played a lot of fastcaps on the servers lately, I've noticed that all maps that are in the q3a map archive aren't necessarily available to play on the servers. I don't know if this is a goal or not. But I really don't care about the few random maps that aren't there.
However there are a few of the more popular ctf maps that aren't available and that's the team arena maps. Mainly mpteam1-mpteam8, mpteam9 is there already. Would it be possible to add these to the server? I'm sure some admin has a legal copy, or? :p
And then there are ospctf1 and ospctf2. Those aren't there either. But if I recall correctly, they are duplicates of other maps. Maybe those other maps already exist on the servers?
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Re: Adding some more maps... please! :)

Postby AL!EN » Oct 14th, '09, 11:48 am

ZyaX wrote:Since I've played a lot of fastcaps on the servers lately, I've noticed that all maps that are in the q3a map archive aren't necessarily available to play on the servers. I don't know if this is a goal or not. But I really don't care about the few random maps that aren't there.
However there are a few of the more popular ctf maps that aren't available and that's the team arena maps. Mainly mpteam1-mpteam8, mpteam9 is there already. Would it be possible to add these to the server? I'm sure some admin has a legal copy, or? :p
And then there are ospctf1 and ospctf2. Those aren't there either. But if I recall correctly, they are duplicates of other maps. Maybe those other maps already exist on the servers?

ospctf1 = actf17 and ospctf2 is dboxctf2a you should know that 8-) As for mpteam1-mpteam8 you must ask Pan as i did.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby dS-kiddy » Oct 14th, '09, 2:13 pm

ZyaX wrote:Mainly mpteam1-mpteam8, mpteam9 is there already.

if they add those maps i hope they also add mpterra1 mpterra2 mpterra3. fun maps in cpm.2
dS-kiddy

Postby <hk> » Oct 14th, '09, 6:19 pm

The discrepancy origins in our map update script. We only copy the newest maps to our servers. From time to time Pan adds some more "old" maps to the map base which our script then can't see.
We have to find a solution for that.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby ZyaX » Oct 15th, '09, 9:42 am

eS-AL|EN wrote:ospctf1 = actf17 and ospctf2 is dboxctf2a you should know that 8-) As for mpteam1-mpteam8 you must ask Pan as i did.

Ofc I had this knowledge already, just way back in my head ;P

* Kiddy! wrote:if they add those maps i hope they also add mpterra1 mpterra2 mpterra3. fun maps in cpm.2

Yes, I forgot to mention those. I was thinking the whole team arena pk3 would be added quite simply.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby ZyaX » Oct 15th, '09, 10:26 am

<hk> wrote:The discrepancy origins in our map update script. We only copy the newest maps to our servers. From time to time Pan adds some more "old" maps to the map base which our script then can't see.
We have to find a solution for that.

Well, my aim was not to get Pan to upload the team arena pk3 onto the map archive. Because that would be copyright infringement he'd be putting his neck out for, if I'm not much mistaken. But simply that the pk3 is downloaded to the fastcaps server and the maps are added into the record script.
But am I right in understanding that you would then have to do this manually? And you would like Pan to do the work and only upload the information about the maps and not the actually pk3, like with the base quake 3 arena pk3, pak0? If this is the case, I'll ask him specifically for this.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby dS-kiddy » Oct 15th, '09, 10:33 am

The thing is, if you search for 'mpterra1' @ q3a.ath.cx the maps are there but it says it's in the pak0.pk3. Doesn't that mean that the maps already are there just not in the server maplist or something?
dS-kiddy

Postby AL!EN » Oct 15th, '09, 10:58 am

* Kiddy! wrote:The thing is, if you search for 'mpterra1' @ q3a.ath.cx the maps are there but it says it's in the pak0.pk3. Doesn't that mean that the maps already are there just not in the server maplist or something?

It is pak0.pk3 from "missionpack" folder = TA
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby ZyaX » Oct 15th, '09, 11:49 am

eS-AL|EN wrote:It is pak0.pk3 from "missionpack" folder = TA

That's right then, the team arena maps are already registered on q3a.ath.cx. The only thing left now would be to add the pk3 file to the fastcaps server and add an entry for those maps to the record script.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby ZyaX » Oct 29th, '09, 1:47 pm

ZyaX wrote:That's right then, the team arena maps are already registered on q3a.ath.cx. The only thing left now would be to add the pk3 file to the fastcaps server and add an entry for those maps to the record script.

So... how do we make this happen? Or is no one in charge interested in this? It's ok if it doesn't happen right away(which it did't), but ever?
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Next