Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

Atom-Server Test is over - feedback please

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

Atom-Server Test is over - feedback please

Postby <hk> » Sep 28th, '13, 3:24 pm

The test with the new German server is over.

Mixed 1 and 2 were moved to an atom server for a month.
How was the overall stability?
How were the pings?
Should I move my one stronger server to multiple small Atom boxes like the ones that have been running?
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Atom-Server Test is over - feedback please

Postby Crysis Warhead » Sep 28th, '13, 4:52 pm

Overall stability was good, but if someone streams video I will get lag.

The ping was same as the rest of German servers, but due to unknown reasons I will get 300-360 ping on some German servers even if I'm not streaming video. I usually get 210-230 ping on the Czech Republic server, as well as the rest of German servers. I wish there's one DeFRaG server located in Singapore to allow Southeast Asians like Flayzerannyx and me to play with lower pings.
ممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایران
Image Image
Crysis Warhead
war this cryhead

Postby mu-cki » Sep 28th, '13, 8:24 pm

Ping was good...if you were no german...Germans got a ping higher than 45-50 usually...anybody else way lower than 20 or even less....server was way more laggy then the servers before...imho. :o :shock: :lol: :P 8-)
mu-cki
mu-cki

Postby Timothy » Sep 29th, '13, 4:48 pm

I didn't really pay attention on which servers I was playing, but I think I experienced less lag since the atom servers were introduced.
Timothy

Postby ZyaX » Oct 30th, '13, 9:26 am

I suppose I'll write here rather than start a new thread. Since a while back I've had periodic freezes of about 1 seconds on a time interval from 10s to 1 minute. Which makes it take around twice or three times as long to set a time on a map. It is also infuriating from time to time.
It is like like this on all the german servers, but not on the swedish and russian servers. One of which has no new maps and the others are usually occupied.
I hear people complain from time to time, but I don't know how bad it is for them.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby <hk> » Oct 30th, '13, 11:35 am

Pretty much all the lags on the German servers are internet connection related on the server provider side. Those lags are there but not as intense as you described them. That must be either an I/O Problem on your computer or your internet provider can't set up a stable route to our servers. That's one of the reasons I wanted to switch to OVH.

I did notice some massive lags in the past but these were major networking glitches caused by hetzner(our server provider). It's a rare phenomenon. The Atom lagged under high load too but that's an Atom server. The disk wasn't fast enough to write 20 serverdemos at once.

Our new proxymod is on the way. It will solve almost all of the problems caused by our software.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7