Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

Re: Server Rules

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

Postby <hk> » Nov 8th, '09, 7:15 pm

For the official version go to our wiki section

Binary Cheats:
  • "It's not allowed to modify the quake3 nor the defrag binary files in any way."
  • "It's not allowed to modify the memory used by defrag with external programs during runtime of the game."
  • "It's not allowed to drop nor delay packets(network) on purpose."

Allowed client quake3 compatible binaries:
"idsoftware quake3, ioquake3, OpenArena, cgg's dfengine, iodfe and cnq3".

Scripting Cheats:
  • "It's not allowed to execute a sequence of commands(triggered by software or hardware) that affect physical player behavior using predefined timing and order."
  • "It is not allowed to use external means to time player actions(jumping, shooting, view direction change). The player has to time actions himself."

Account Pollicy:
  • "It's not allowed to give your account's login data to other people."
  • "You are not allowed to play using another players account."
  • "It is not allowed to have more than one account per person."

Not acceptable behaviour:
  • "It is not allowed to change your view angles(direction the player is facing) with other means than moving the mouse."
  • "It is not allowed to bind any actions that alter the movement of a player to your mouse wheel."
  • "Every player has to adjust the network settings to have the least possible packet loss and (if possible) latency (ping)"
Recommended client net settings are:
  • cl_maxpackets "125"
  • snaps "125"
  • rate "25000"

Guidelines
  • "Be polite, talk english preferably, respect others and be fair."
  • "If something is not forbidden do not think it is allowed. You shouldn't tinker anyway."

There is a series of cheats that should be mentioned explicitly despite being covered by the rules above.
  • Do not script +moveup; +attack.
  • Do not use measures that replay runs at any degree of automation.
  • Using +left or +right is NOT OK. Those are considered to be turn script commands.
  • Do not bind +moveup to your mouse wheel.

Update: Moved some rules into the new Guidelines category to avoid confusion. (2009-12-19)
Update: No rule changes but more examples. (2010-06-17)
Update: Not "Binding +left" but "Using +left" is forbidden (2011-01-21)
Update: Added "The player has to time actions himself." to avoid misinterpretation. (2011-04-07)
Update: Added a suggestion for client net settings. (2011-04-12)
Update: Added iodfe to the list of allowed clients. (2011-11-06)
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby ally is a cheater » Jul 9th, '10, 2:44 am

Binding +left or +right is not OK. Those are considered to be turn script commands.

i just installed quake 3 arena (awsum game, gotta give it a try)
+left and +right are bound by default, guess i'm a cheater even tho i didn't start the game yet, darn!
well..guess thats just the way it is..i obviously scripted..
sorry, u fuckin failed..srsly :/

e: # "It's not allowed to modify the quake3 nor the defrag binary files in any way." << u don't really seem to care
Allowed client quake3 compatible binaries:
"idsoftware quake3, ioquake3, OpenArena, cgg's dfengine and cnq3".
bla? ye..bla

Account Pollicy:

* "It's not allowed to give out your account's login data to other people." << lol, u obviously dont care at all
"You are not allowed to play using another players account." << lol'd
* "It is not allowed to have more than one account per person." << loooool, srsly stop foolin us
"It is not allowed to bind any actions that alter the movement of a player to your mouse wheel." << LOL! omg lol...
"Every player has to adjust the network settings to have the least possible packet loss and (if possible) latency (ping)" << ure gettin annoyin

There is a series of cheats that i want to mention explicitly despite being covered by the rules above.

* Do not script +moveup; +attack. << omg..i'm done with this :/
ally is a cheater

Postby Arcaon » Jul 9th, '10, 3:06 am

LOLing at perfectly sensible rules does not contribute without motivation. :>
Arcaon

Postby Phoenix » Jul 9th, '10, 3:18 am

(: a wrote:LOLing at perfectly sensible rules does not contribute without motivation. :>

Agreed.

I don't necessarily agree with everything that goes on here but a post like that does nothing to help. +left/+right are bound by default and I agree that it's silly to insta ban a new player who didn't know better but what can you do. On hk's side it's almost impossible to make that judgment of whether that player was trying to cheat or simply didn't know.
Phoenix

Postby ally is a cheater » Jul 9th, '10, 3:20 am

i'm just sick of this bs
we're waiting for a new db to get rid of those +left/+right hoes like kid for ages now
+ there are way too many script fags in the db
now the rules mention bs like default binds
its gettin too ridiculous

e: never complained bout the gayness of using this shit, the whole ruleset is just getting a bunch of bs as no admin cares about these things
e2: my times arent done usin yo mr."i only use +left for the ground part of my cj" ;)
ally is a cheater

Postby Arcaon » Jul 9th, '10, 3:53 am

Phoenix wrote:I don't necessarily agree with everything that goes on here but a post like that does nothing to help. +left/+right are bound by default and I agree that it's silly to insta ban a new player who didn't know better but what can you do. On hk's side it's almost impossible to make that judgment of whether that player was trying to cheat or simply didn't know.

Well, cl_yawspeed is 140 by default. Good luck doing some ownage turns with that. ;)

arashi wrote:e2: my times arent done usin yo mr."i only use +left for the ground part of my cj" ;)

Ok. Using quotation marks would imply that it's something I've stated, which is not. But feel free to show some of the proof you have.
Arcaon

Postby Phoenix » Jul 9th, '10, 4:04 am

(: a wrote:Well, cl_yawspeed is 140 by default. Good luck doing some ownage turns with that. ;)

I wouldn't know. Only script I've ever binded was an RJ script when I first learned about it waaay back in the day. I ended up putting it on my enter key because I couldn't find a better spot for it. Decided it was still easier to just hit my jump + fire buttons (mouse1 + mouse2) which I do consistently perfect RJs with anyways ... so I've never even used it after the initial stage of going "Okay it works". That's the extent of my scripting. :lol:
Phoenix

Postby 742617000027 » Jul 9th, '10, 10:06 am

arashi wrote:[...] lol [...]

It's getting inevitable to also make a rule like:
DON'T PLAY THE GAME IF YOU'RE FUCKING TWELVE YEARS OLD FFS!!!

Postby DF/// ifoo » Jul 9th, '10, 11:20 am

Seriously hunny, keep your hands off the weed.
DF/// ifoo

Postby ally is a cheater » Jul 9th, '10, 4:28 pm

this ruleset is a bunch of crap
what about http://www.q3df.org/rankings/id-2659 / http://www.q3df.org/rankings/id-943 for example?
no one seems to care about +left
same for rj scripts: http://www.q3df.org/rankings/id-129
or account sharing
(ye merging accounts is one awsum punishment)
bla, jerks
ally is a cheater

Next