Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

Crashing when connecting

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

Crashing when connecting

Postby JS3! » Mar 7th, '11, 8:24 am

Yo, whenever I try to connect to a server that has a new map that I don't have, it instantly crashes, then returns to the home-screen. I do /connect, then the new maps that have to be downloaded show up, then it crashes. I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, or if cl_AllowDownloads 0 or 1 messes with this, as it's wearing me out whenever I have to manually download a map, just to comeback, and there's another map I must manually d-load, or I can't find the specified map. Any suggestions, as I can't find my problem very common to be solved. (I'm a newb, as you can clearly see )
JS3!

Re: Crashing when connecting

Postby rlx|mini » Mar 7th, '11, 11:12 am

For having autodownload feature you need the 'dfengine' for example.

You can find it here: http://cggdev.org/taxonomy/term/2
Just download it and put the executable in the main quake3 folder (same folder as quake3.exe)
rlx|mini

Postby <hk> » Mar 7th, '11, 11:32 am

JS3 wrote:I have to manually download a map, just to comeback, and there's another map I must manually d-load, or I can't find the specified map.

This is not counterstrike. Map download is not the standard. I download maps manually, too.

However, as mini already pointed out, you can use dfengine. When you switch from quake3 you won't miss any features. If you use ioquake3 you will loose every update in the last 6 years after the switch. I wouldn't want to do that.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby JS3! » Mar 8th, '11, 6:52 am

hk wrote: If you use ioquake3 you will loose every update in the last 6 years after the switch. I wouldn't want to do that.

Ah ok, guess I'll just download the maps, since i use ioquake3 :)
JS3!

Postby sjuk » Jun 12th, '11, 3:43 pm

sup with gorgonzola swe server?
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby AMT|spray » Jun 12th, '11, 6:26 pm

You need to log in on the server
AMT|spray

Postby $$-albion » Jun 13th, '11, 1:26 am

AMT|spray wrote:You need to log in on the server

Yes, but you can't connect atm. Whenever you try to connect your game client crashes, well dfengine does, don't know about other binaries.
$$-albion