Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

Server demos for Call of Duty

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

Server demos for Call of Duty

Postby spacebar » Mar 6th, '11, 4:19 pm

lately i read a thread on tek9(a major Call of Duty Forum for competitive/professional players, like hltv.org for cs as example) in which was a disscussion running about how to improve the cod4 community by doing certain things
Someone mentioned the idea of recording LAN-Demos serverside, because after the (main) summerlans top-teams are always begged for uploading their demos, most of them are just too lazy (just too mention, you cant do unbelievable keen strats in cod4 like you can in counterstrike.), so yea, serverside demos.

After reading it, the whole serverside demo-system here from the mdd-servers came immediatly in my mind.
How is that system built up? Would it be possible to re-do it in any other game which uses the engine quake 3 uses?
Is it coded/worked out by the mDd-staff or is it allready avaible in the game itself?

tlr;dr version
some other community needs improvement, and i want/need to know how serverside demos are working, if its allready ibuilt into the game or something external.

thanks, p-
dont mind my grammar/spelling, i dont care if its horrible ;o
also, it is only slightly related to this section of the forum, move it if it doesnt fit.
spacebar

Re: Server demos for Call of Duty

Postby <hk> » Mar 6th, '11, 4:48 pm

The Server demos are a hack written by mDd. It's far from perfect, that's why we are rewriting it at the moment. You have to patch the server. That means you need the server source code. I don't know if Call of Duty does run on ioquake3 but if it does, then you just have to get ioquake3. Apply our patch and complie it. Call of duty sounds pretty closed to me. Can you run it in regular quake3?
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7