Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

You guys still alive? I can't connect...

Are you really the best?

You guys still alive? I can't connect...

Postby Danfun64 » Jun 30th, '16, 3:14 am

I am running 64-bit Ubuntu linux. When running defrag with ioquake3, it seems like nothing ever downloads. I then tried compiling iodfe. When running iodfe, the system freezes. The terminal is still accessible, so I am able to restart lightdm in order to make the system usuable. Here is what the crash report stated:
Code: Select all
^920:59:03 ^7----- Client Shutdown (Received signal 1) -----
recursive error after: program tried to execute code outside VM

Upon closer examination I find that iodfe is four years out of date compared to the ioquake3 master. An attempt at automatic merging failed.

Of course, if nobody really plays defrag any more this thread is kind of pointless...but if people still play defrag, what do you recommend for native linux 64-bit gameplay (as in no wine)?
Danfun64

Re: You guys still alive? I can't connect...

Postby w » Jun 30th, '16, 4:04 am

dfengine 1.05
w

Postby Danfun64 » Jun 30th, '16, 4:48 am

While the self-compiled version of iodfe failed to run, I just tried the 64-bit linux binary from here and its working fine!

...I think somebody needs to update iodfe to match the latest ioquake3 code though...if for no other reason than to remove any exploits...

edit: Background is animated in iodfe, I don't remember it being animated in ioquake3. Still can't download the missing maps.

edit 2: Downloaded the maps manually, only to find that defrag wants MORE maps...

Don't you guys have a master mappack or something? This is getting rediculous...
Danfun64

Postby Le another black niger » Jun 30th, '16, 10:17 am

Le another black niger

Postby Danfun64 » Jun 30th, '16, 4:44 pm

For whatever reason, the server wants me to download a whole bunch of stuff and won't be satisfied until everything is downloaded...

Even if I have the map, it bounces me off the server with cl_allowdownload 0

edit: have you guys considered setting sv_dlurl?
Danfun64

Postby Le another black niger » Jun 30th, '16, 6:01 pm

Le another black niger

Postby Danfun64 » Jun 30th, '16, 7:03 pm

I'm sorry, but I can't stand worrying about unfixed security vulnerabilities in iodfe, so I returned to regular ioquake3.

...after successfully downloading several maps manually, it is now asking for maps not available from ws.q3df.org. https://ws.q3df.org/map/maps-z gives "unknown map"

If I can't download every map necessary, then I apparently won't be able to play on your defrag servers
Last edited by Danfun64 on Jun 30th, '16, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danfun64

Postby Le another black niger » Jun 30th, '16, 7:43 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I'm sorry, but I can't stand worrying sbout unfixed security vulnerabilities in iodfe, so I returned to regular ioquake3.

I happi about you having this paranoia, bc it keeps you awai of df serbas.
Online defrag is super nasty process, it ruins families and lifes, i happi to cow u be auto awai of this risk!
Le another black niger

Postby Danfun64 » Jun 30th, '16, 8:24 pm

I'm sorry..."serbas"? "auto awai"?
Danfun64

Postby w » Jun 30th, '16, 9:58 pm

he said he was happy that ure unable to play on the servers so u dont get sucked into this and become a brain/heartless zombie like the rest of us
w