Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

iodfe crashing

Are you really the best?

iodfe crashing

Postby yourGn » Apr 17th, '16, 2:36 pm

Hi guys,

I noticed that when my quake/defrag directory contains too many files, defrag crashes when I try to play demo from console (using "/demo ..." command). Not sure if this is due to some threshold on the number of maps or demos. Anyone ever had the same issue? I noticed that deleting some files helps, not sure whether I needed to delete demos, or pk3's, I did this long time ago... Now I have the same issue again.

I am running iodfe v3.0 under ubuntu.

1. Is there anything I can do to prevent crashing without deleting any files?
2. If not, does anyone has a script to do the cleaning automatically (e.g., delete all demos, except the fastest one).

Thanks
yourGn

Re: iodfe crashing

Postby [DF]yotoon » Apr 17th, '16, 3:41 pm

There is a demo cleaner that deletes all demos except the fastest one.
Thats what i am using. GL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[DF]yotoon

Postby yourGn » Apr 17th, '16, 7:48 pm

Thanks yotoon, did you write it yourself? Do you mind sharing the source? If not, does anyone has anything more linux friendly (*)?

* I am aware, that wine could *probably* run that exe, but I'd much rather prefer to first look at the source, or have some script (bash, python, whatever..).
yourGn

Postby [DF]yotoon » Apr 17th, '16, 8:12 pm

Nah, i dont have the source. Downloaded the exe from breakdown-hq years ago.
I can try to write it in python tho, stay tuned :)
[DF]yotoon

Postby [DF]yotoon » Apr 17th, '16, 9:05 pm

Here is the script. Put it in you demos directory and run.
The only third party dependency is the 'natsort' module (you can install it with pip - pip install natsort).

The script wont delete any files on first run. Make sure the output is correct first. If all seems fine, edit the script and uncomment lines that actually delete files (source has comments).

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[DF]yotoon

Postby Mistes.AR » Apr 19th, '16, 3:13 pm

[DF]yotoon wrote:Here is the script. Put it in you demos directory and run.
The only third party dependency is the 'natsort' module (you can install it with pip - pip install natsort).

The script wont delete any files on first run. Make sure the output is correct first. If all seems fine, edit the script and uncomment lines that actually delete files (source has comments).

:)

Thank you, i need it too :)
Stepmania/Osu!mania player
Fightcade ID = yonito90
Mistes.AR

Postby yourGn » Apr 24th, '16, 1:00 am

Thanks yotoon! Cleaning the demo directory helped with crashing, but ..

I'm still a bit unsatisfied with the external dependency and ignoring player names, I have a lot of demos from other people which are usually faster and I'd still like to keep mine.

So.. I wrote my own cleaner in cpp. I posted it in another thread so people can find it easier. Anyway, thanks for your help, was a good motivation to do something about the problem.
yourGn