Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

Freestyle / Tricking Thread

Are you really the best?

Re: Freestyle / Tricking Thread

Postby 1000archangels » Oct 25th, '10, 8:35 am

^true dat mmm.

ok, so since couple of months i am into totally different kind of tricks, which i seem to enjoy the most, just like the ctf2 jump uploaded here.

here is a bunch of them, for your pleasure, i hope ;)

oh, and as always, an epic_fail_landing opc2 jump... ;D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1000archangels

Postby hugman » Oct 25th, '10, 9:09 pm

Here's an old demo that I don't think I ever posted (could be wrong) because I was saving it for something. Airstrafes don't look very impressive but this is a pretty hard one (turn on cgaz hud ;))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hugman

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Nov 11th, '10, 3:25 pm

Here is an attempt at CPM freestyle. I absolutely butchered the 2x (not that the the turns are great though ... :roll: ) but the rocket hit me well :D . I am even worse at CPM than I am at vq3, but monochromatic definitely has a lot of potential with this physic.
MidiMightyMoe

Postby RetroHelix » Nov 18th, '10, 7:04 pm

Made this one and had only some lame ideas of how to develop it further. Maybe someone wants to use this as a stylish start :think:

EDIT: Maybe I should mention this: Without the plasmashot you would not reach these heights.
RetroHelix

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Nov 18th, '10, 11:27 pm

I tried it, it's a nice idea, but you can already hit the ceiling with this one, so i guess there is not much more you can do sadly :( . But maybe some one can deal with it :D.
MidiMightyMoe

Postby Phoenix » Nov 19th, '10, 4:52 am

Can raise the roof even and there's still nowhere to actually go with it. Already at the highest platforms. Best case scenario would be to design some sort of multi RJ and/or nade combo trick off of it. The plasma ramp itself can't be the main trick, just a start. Not sure if you can get a consistent height off of it but might be some OB possibilities as well.
Phoenix

Postby RetroHelix » Nov 19th, '10, 2:05 pm

@MMM I usually dont hit the ceiling with my setup. Looks like yours is superior :clap:
btw. I just watched your cpm trick on monochromatic... looks impressive and so smooooth

@Phoenix that came in my mind too.
I managed it to make an (ugly) 4rj and a 3rj+1nade after the ramp but since I made these tricks on other maps already I dont want to do it again.
I also tried to use the long slide at the right side of the ramp you start from to make a 2rj (shoot 1 rocket to the end of the slide, slide down and combine the rocket with another one) but got bored timing this :roll: Landing near the startingpoint after this would make the trick complete and a bit more unique imo :D
RetroHelix

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Nov 19th, '10, 6:53 pm

At first I was thinking about doing a 2x invert on the red circular platform, with haste you can shoot your rocket, switch to plasma, do the thing and switch back to rocket and 2x. But when I realized you could hit the ceiling I stoped.

After that I tried not to hit the red quarter, and do a 2x on the metal thing on the right (sort of sideway halfpipe), but was falling to fast when I hit it :( .

Anyway, I was really impressed by the difference in height a single plasma bullet could do, maybe transposing that somewhere else could be nice.
MidiMightyMoe

Postby hugman » Dec 3rd, '10, 10:33 pm

I've developed a mental block on o2b making me miss the cj :angry-banghead: so I decided to record r2b instead. Is it significantly easier? I dunno. I think missing the cj on just one lane has to be a mental thing

edit: btw I have a question. At the end of the demo the acceleration cuts of a ton in the 2nd half of the jumps. Like, it goes to zero and starts going up again slowly. When that happens you don't get good speeds but I'm not sure what's causing it! I happens even if I'm right in the sweetspot but sometimes it doesn't happen. I want to know how to prevent it because I don't see it in demos from better players :]
hugman

Postby khtti » Dec 4th, '10, 1:12 am

Those jumps look normal to me, and should be enough for o2b, gj.

If you feel stuck, it may be helpful to try timing your switches differently in the later jumps.
khtti

PreviousNext