Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

Colored weapons

Are you really the best?

Colored weapons

Postby N3criS » Apr 29th, '15, 11:03 am

Anyone know how to color the plasma gun? :D i saw in many video players have blue, Yellow, and orange colors on they plasma gun. and other granade launcher and rocket launcher colors. (i mean the bullets) how to do it?
N3criS

Re: Colored weapons

Postby Lame » Apr 29th, '15, 2:03 pm

Lame

Postby N3criS » Apr 30th, '15, 12:16 pm

yes i know this. nice website. but this isnt what i need. i want to know how to volor the plasma shooting.
If you watch any of the Un-Dead.Zerg map tutorial videos you can see he shooting orange plasma bullets. i want to know how that works
N3criS

Postby Takyon » Apr 30th, '15, 2:21 pm

N3criS wrote:yes i know this. nice website. but this isnt what i need. i want to know how to volor the plasma shooting.
If you watch any of the Un-Dead.Zerg map tutorial videos you can see he shooting orange plasma bullets. i want to know how that works

Edit "Quake 3\baseq3\pak0.pk3\sprites\plasmaa.jpg" in photoshop. The pak0.pk3 file can be opened with a file archiver such as winRAR or 7-zip.

A note is that you will have to find the sprites/textures for the other plasma effects and change the color of them as well if you want a more seamless result. It's probably best to not edit the files inside the pak0 also, better to make a new .pk3 archive called "zzz-plasma.pk3" or something with the changed files and put it in the baseq3 folder like "Quake 3\baseq3\zzz-plasma.pk3".

I attached an example with only the plasma projectiles changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Takyon

Postby N3criS » May 2nd, '15, 9:29 pm

EPIC!!!!!!!! verrrrry nice.
i have tried some own made textures with photoshop. and it works :D THANKS!
but sadly idk how to create a PK3 file so i edites pak0 for now. :P i didnt know i can enter into these files like a folder.
N3criS

Postby muckster » May 2nd, '15, 9:39 pm

Keep the same folder-structure like its given in the pak0.pk3. Create a new pk3 file out of that. Call it zz-whateverulike.pk3, place it into your defrag folder. Njoy.

Like: (zz-whateverulike.pk3)

• models
    • weapons2
    • weaphits
  • gfx
  • textures
muckster

Postby wubwub » May 2nd, '15, 9:59 pm

GREEN EM
wubwub

Postby rlx|mini » May 3rd, '15, 8:10 am

N3criS wrote:EPIC!!!!!!!! verrrrry nice.
but sadly idk how to create a PK3 file so i edites pak0 for now. :P i didnt know i can enter into these files like a folder.

pk3s are like archives. create the folders like muckster said, and then zip it with your favourite tool. after that rename the zipfile ending from .zip to .pk3
rlx|mini

Postby sL1k » May 3rd, '15, 7:42 pm

rlx|mini wrote:
N3criS wrote:EPIC!!!!!!!! verrrrry nice.

pk3s are like archives. create the folders like muckster said, and then zip it with your favourite tool. after that rename the zipfile ending from .zip to .pk3

also name the pk3 something zzz- like so it will parsed at last and will overload already loaded files from original pak. so you can have custom pak without risking to damage original pak0
sL1k