Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 62

Re: Are you using the cgaz HUD?

Postby dqopb » Oct 25th, '14, 9:52 am

Projectiles are cubes 10x10x10 units.
And there is no self boubding box, which would help for wall rocketjumps and plasma.
Last edited by dqopb on Oct 25th, '14, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dqopb

Postby dqopb » Oct 25th, '14, 11:39 am

TittenIgnition wrote:Also, what would one need for a CPM-HUD? Gazhud already has standard strafe helper, and due to the way CPM works, air control accel/decel/effectual zones are basically where you would start to decelerate in VQ3.

1st, there's fkey strafe in cpm that doesn't obey the vq3/fullbeat rules. It impacts your velocities when applied in between right and left gazhud zones, and it doesn't match with the ordinary snapzones.
2nd, the side key turns. It's accel zones are much thiner that what gazhud shows (it shows accel zones for fullbeat actually). And I don't know if drawing those narrow accel zones in a hud would make sense.
3rd, deceleration in cpm is 2.5 times stronger than acceleration, with its own snapzones. Except for the side keys being pressed singly - they have both accel and deaccel 17ups/frame with limit of 30 positive ups in a given direction, and a lot of very thin snapzones that are probably useless to display.
dqopb

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 25th, '14, 6:24 pm

dqopb wrote:
TittenIgnition wrote:Also, what would one need for a CPM-HUD? Gazhud already has standard strafe helper, and due to the way CPM works, air control accel/decel/effectual zones are basically where you would start to decelerate in VQ3.

1st, there's fkey strafe in cpm that doesn't obey the vq3/fullbeat rules. It impacts your velocities when applied in between right and left gazhud zones, and it doesn't match with the ordinary snapzones.

Fkey strafe? What do you mean?
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby dqopb » Oct 25th, '14, 7:13 pm

TittenIgnition wrote:Fkey strafe? What do you mean?

You can bend your trajectory with forward key.
You can strafe into green accel zone of gazhud with forward key, gaining more side velocity than there in fullbeat mode.
You can save the forth velocity and gain side velocity while smoothly turning yaw angle between the right & left accel zones, while +forward is pressed.
dqopb

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 25th, '14, 9:49 pm

Damn, I had no idea there was something like that in CPM. I knew strafing with +forward-only was a little odd, but not much different from standard VQ3 strafing. It's a little harder to figure these things out in CPM, because each direction/combination of keys results in something totally different.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby dqopb » Oct 26th, '14, 9:41 am

Exactly. Vq3 has full beat and inverted (halfbeat). They both have the same math behind them, only a different angle to shift.
Cpm has fullbeat, forward (backward) key, and side key turns, all with different math. And deceleration is different from acceleration.
dqopb

Postby bibi » Oct 31st, '14, 4:16 pm

you can achieve the same as the "higher option" of a hud you don't use by grinding.

As in, if you don't use snaphud you can grind with the cgaz accel bar until you get there. If you don't use cgaz you can grind with the UPS info until you get there. And if not that, you can look at your CPs. So if you wanna consider yourself hardcore you can grind to grind to grind (on the worst case map), to achieve what the snaphudder does in something like O(n^3) time.

I for one will encourage any new player to use cgaz, until they know it's about the red bar and not the green bar.
bibi

Postby ihavebadsound » Nov 12th, '14, 6:54 pm

Timothy wrote:Would you guys really say cgaz HUD is a necessity?
After mastering it it is pretty much muscle memory. Have you tried playing without it?

why would you play without it when it also makes you appear more 1337 when streaming?
ihavebadsound

Previous