Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

Little research on maxheights

Are you really the best?

Re: Little research on maxheights

Postby dqopb » Oct 19th, '14, 9:18 pm

I once scripted and reached the max 2x and 3x max heights told by Morbus (I believe he retold your predictions).
The demos I found for that today don't work anymore, because they were recorded on an older test version of the map.

What for splash damage, keep in mind that projectile coordinates snap down to integers when it explodes. So called perfect RJ is one of effects of this behavior. And this is why splash damage is granular at little scales, and why mirror-symmetrical angles are not quite symmetrical with splash damage.
dqopb

Postby se1z » Oct 20th, '14, 1:17 pm

<hk> wrote:The CHS-Info system uses either the predicted or the regular playerstate send over by the server. The playerstate is therefore a little late. The predicted playerstate should compensate for that by computing the physics on the client synchronously. However explosions and the resulting knockback are not predicted.
When you play at high ping you notice that delay easily.
Did you record those demos with synchronousclients 1?

Also please use the internal upload function of this forum to avoid dead links in the future.
You can enlarge pictures by clicking on them.

I am not really good at programing so I dont know how to get the playerstate, I do however understand how programming works.
I recorded all demos with g_synch 1
se1z

Postby se1z » Oct 20th, '14, 1:29 pm

dqopb wrote:I once scripted and reached the max 2x and 3x max heights told by Morbus (I believe he retold your predictions).
The demos I found for that today don't work anymore, because they were recorded on an older test version of the map.

What for splash damage, keep in mind that projectile coordinates snap down to integers when it explodes. So called perfect RJ is one of effects of this behavior. And this is why splash damage is granular at little scales, and why mirror-symmetrical angles are not quite symmetrical with splash damage.

Hello there dqopb
If you are refering to the demo on amt-freestyle6 (beta-version), where I reached the last 2x pillar (1084u which was without sticky jump),
then yes you cant probably see it because you dont have the map. If you do need it however I could send both files to you.

I would like to see all of these max heights and distances redone by script, especially rj distance, pj distance, second jump distance
Because those I am really not sure what the top is there.
I did however reach rj distance of 1384, pj distance of 512 and secondjump distance (RTB I think was the last one to try) made 490u but I am not sure about that.
se1z

Postby dqopb » Oct 20th, '14, 4:02 pm

No, I meant the demo of myself doesn't play. No idea how the old bsp could disappear.

Redo distances by script - pretty easy for vertical ones. Because there's only 1 impact and no strafes.

What for horizontal RJ/PJ distances, this is more arguable. Because bot/script can change the strafe direction like 125 times a second, and aim accurately in any tiny snapzones. And humans only can make 1 or 2 effective airchanges during a horizontal RJ.

Diagonal wall climbs are a bit arguable too. Is it allowed to strafe in between shots? Must the shots be aimed with the same view angles across the climb, or may differ for each shot? Because 2 neighboring shots may deal different knockback amount to the player.
And different walls are different, some are easier to climb on than others. So there you can only get the average value, or something close to perfection, but hardly absolutely perfect distance.

Feel free to PM me, I think together we'll figure out more.
dqopb

Postby Cyberstorm » Oct 21st, '14, 3:28 am

se1z wrote:
Cyberstorm wrote:Higher res image plz(please)(please)(please).

http://s11.postimg.org/be2rs3uyb/maxheight.jpg
Hope that's good enough

Great. Thanks :D
Cyberstorm

Previous