Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

New Defrag Release

Are you really the best?

Re: New Defrag Release

Postby Le another black niger » Oct 25th, '15, 8:16 am

Delay is not related, it was fixed that way to prevent getting targets activated after kill/spawn (for example target_give-))
i think you can replace delay with door for your purpose
anyway delay is common for all clients in mp...

As for kill, there are also issues with it, not related to personal preferences:
*it breaks scriptonrespawn (runs twice)
*it breaks spawn selection/exploration (most simple example: map with two spawns: you have to decompile map to discover 2nd spawn availability with new df :| )
*it breaks cgg's feature to keep current weapon selection after death (ctf.2 is the case)
Le another black niger

Postby oranje » Oct 25th, '15, 10:35 am

Looks like you can still use func_button/door -> target_give to get items after you /kill and respawn. So target_delay is "fixed" but button/door are not. This is something the mapper should have control over, not the mod. People making bad maps isn't a good reason to remove functionality. One could always catch those target_give's with a target_init linked to spawn with a delay of 1 second greater than the longest target_delay in the map (and cover the spawn place with noimpact in case of weapons).

Anyways, I don't think /kill should have any effect on the map itself. Ideally I think the mappers should have total control of which entities are server-side (or map-side) and which are client-side, this way you can have interesting synchronized maps for all players and client-side entities for the things you don't want abused.
oranje

Postby uN*DeaD|Enter » Oct 30th, '15, 5:51 pm

One more bug.
I have 5 Hdds, and quake3/defrag in one.
When i press 'Tab', defrag trying to scan all my hard drives.
And i have huge lag if they are sleeping.
+scores - wake up all hdds - lag.
Dont think defrag really need to do it.

And one more.
Sometimes, when i have good time and get +0.000 it can be route with random obs. But demo are overwriting. (ghost are not overwriting)
I don want to overwrite or skip my times. I want both demos.
uN*DeaD|Enter

Postby esc?nebuLa » Oct 31st, '15, 3:18 am

uN*DeaD|Enter wrote:
And one more.
Sometimes, when i have good time and get +0.000 it can be route with random obs. But demo are overwriting. (ghost are not overwriting)
I don want to overwrite or skip my times. I want both demos.

I highly second this! Several occasions on where I wanted to keep both demos to compare.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 31st, '15, 7:56 am

I thought there was a cvar to control the behaviour of this situation?

Hm, I could have sworn I saw something for it a while ago. I guess I was thinking of saving only best times.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Le another black niger » Oct 31st, '15, 9:09 am

df_tieOverwrites :mrgreen:

uN*DeaD|Enter wrote:When i press 'Tab', defrag trying to scan all my hard drives.

i doubt its up to mod, most likely up to engine
could specify your setup precisely at least, but better investigate the problem with hdd monitor(filemon?), check the case with other mods
don't you think, that there is scan_all_Enter's_hard_drives command in the code, that got to be removed?
Le another black niger

Postby kairos » Dec 12th, '15, 10:48 am

oranje wrote:Looks like you can still use func_button/door -> target_give to get items after you /kill and respawn. So target_delay is "fixed" but button/door are not. This is something the mapper should have control over, not the mod. People making bad maps isn't a good reason to remove functionality. One could always catch those target_give's with a target_init linked to spawn with a delay of 1 second greater than the longest target_delay in the map (and cover the spawn place with noimpact in case of weapons).

Anyways, I don't think /kill should have any effect on the map itself. Ideally I think the mappers should have total control of which entities are server-side (or map-side) and which are client-side, this way you can have interesting synchronized maps for all players and client-side entities for the things you don't want abused.

I completely agree with all of this. People making bad maps / being bad mappers shouldn't stop anything mod-wise, otherwise I feel timer resets wouldn't be allowed in the mod anymore...
kairos

Postby uN*DeaD|Enter » Mar 22nd, '16, 11:47 pm

uN*DeaD|Enter wrote:speed after map_restart
if you strafe, then press button "map_restart 0", often at the start you will have speed 320 ups.
with 'kill' speed is always 0

For fix this, im using this bind:
Code: Select all
bind "SPACE" "-moveup;-attack;-forward;-back;-moveright;-moveleft;wait 10;map_restart 0"

i hope in newer versions (if they appear) i will not need to do this

And i want ask for adding new feature, 1 parameter in ChsInfo
Max speed on Z axis on every jump (it is 0 when i touch ground)
It is combination of 047 (velocity x y z) and 120 (speed before jump)

Like on maps with huge 3xrj, i want to catch 3rj, look at this parameter, and if vertical speed is not enough, i can press "kill" before i finish flying up.
It will save my time )
uN*DeaD|Enter

Previous