Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

New Defrag Release

Are you really the best?

Re: New Defrag Release

Postby Le another black niger » Dec 19th, '13, 9:53 am

May be show only 8 last cps in run and all of them after finish (two columns?)
Le another black niger

Postby Pan has a lot blanks in his nickname » Dec 19th, '13, 10:04 am

Just show the last four checkpoint times and fade them out after a time. Maybe show them all when the run is finished.
Pan has a lot blanks in his nickname

Postby - » Apr 21st, '14, 8:00 pm

Where is iodf source code maintained? Or where can I get it? Please don't tell me not to ask, as Quake 3 is GPL and i'm pretty sure whoever made iodf didn't pay to license id tech 3.
-

Postby <hk> » Apr 21st, '14, 8:17 pm

Bacon wrote:Please don't tell me not to ask, as Quake 3 is GPL and i'm pretty sure whoever made iodf didn't pay to license id tech 3.

I don't like your attitude. You should wait for people to actually deny you access before you accuse them of breaking the GPL.

Bacon wrote:Where is iodf source code maintained?

I have no idea what "iodf" is.
In case you are talking about Defrag. It is a quake3 modification written using the SDK. The SDK is not GPL.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby - » Apr 21st, '14, 9:11 pm

I thought ioquake3 has iodefrag now? Or does it not matter what exe you use? Is it not using it's own custom exe? How do you know I havn't asked anyone? I've asked several people on other forums and get told the same thing. I just want to see the way defrag handles cpm physics, as bg_promode.c that I found on google doesn't let you plasma ground boost, even though its the same physics. I want defrags cpm physics in a mod I am making.

I was under the impression Defrag had an ioquake3 exe that was custom made that lets you download maps from worldspawn. If its not, cool, I guess I was wrong. Sorry. Just sick of things being closed source for no apparent reason.
-

Postby <hk> » Apr 22nd, '14, 1:02 am

Bacon wrote:I thought ioquake3 has iodefrag now?

You probably mean iodfe. It's not an official ioquake3 customisation. "run" forked ioquake3 and ported some dfengine features into it. The source is free.

Bacon wrote:I just want to see the way defrag handles cpm physics

iodfe doesn't tell you that. All the physics related stuff is part of defrag. That's the mod, not the engine.

Bacon wrote:bg_promode.c that I found on google doesn't let you plasma ground boost

That's probably the code "setup" decompiled. It's not complete. Or It might be the physics code of CPMA which is not the same. Defrag uses a beta version of CPMA physics. The code is not public.

Bacon wrote:I was under the impression Defrag had an ioquake3 exe that was custom made that lets you download maps from worldspawn.

Iodfe does that but is not an official defrag engine. The official version is dfengine. The source is free.

Bacon wrote:Just sick of things being closed source for no apparent reason.

In an interview with CGG he revealed his reasons for keeping the source closed.

CGG wrote:[...] I was then considerably prone to open the source. To me, Defrag belongs to its community. It's ultimately the mistrust of the players themselves who decided upon the code's base fate, which stayed closed. The main reluctances were related to cheat and to the fear of seeing a multitude of forks.[...]
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby wubwub » Apr 22nd, '14, 2:36 am

Bacon wrote:Please don't tell me not to ask

based
wubwub

Postby - » Apr 22nd, '14, 5:23 am

I have no patience and usually that makes me come off as a dick. I just really wanted ground boosting, but I guess that's not happening.

Thanks hk for the info
-

Postby Le another black niger » Apr 22nd, '14, 7:02 am

simply modify q3 slick physics to be like on ground with zero friction and you are done
its adorably that somebody needs src for that :roll:
Le another black niger

Postby - » Apr 22nd, '14, 8:50 pm

Already tried that, but thanks anyways for your useless input.
-

PreviousNext