Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

iodfe

Are you really the best?

Re: iodfe

Postby Newbrict » Sep 19th, '13, 6:39 pm

<hk> wrote:This is not my repository. Also you cannot host files on github anymore. These files are still there because github didn't delete them, yet.

They don't have to be hosted on github...
Newbrict

Postby raack » Oct 9th, '13, 4:39 pm

Hey guys,

Just recently, I have run into a problem with iodfe :(
(Console Log Attached)

The game will not launch properly. I can only launch the game if I "Run as administrator". I have checked the folder permissions for \ioquake3 and %APPDATA%\Quake3 and they are correct. When I modify permission to allow read/write/execute for all users, the problem persists.

Also, while dfengine and iodfe have the same permissions as well, dfengine lauches without any problems.

Any thoughts on whats going on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raack

Postby Newbrict » Oct 9th, '13, 8:03 pm

[wWw]7uR7L3 wrote:Hey guys,

Just recently, I have run into a problem with iodfe :(
(Console Log Attached)

The game will not launch properly. I can only launch the game if I "Run as administrator". I have checked the folder permissions for \ioquake3 and %APPDATA%\Quake3 and they are correct. When I modify permission to allow read/write/execute for all users, the problem persists.

Also, while dfengine and iodfe have the same permissions as well, dfengine lauches without any problems.

Any thoughts on whats going on.

Firstly, did you ever have iodfe working?
if not, you need to install ioquake3 and copy the pak0.pk3 into the ioquake3/baseq3 folder. then throw in the ioquake3/defrag folder and ioquake3/iodfe.exe

if it just stopped working then try deleting the pak0.pk3 inside of your ioquake3/baseq3 folder and copying the one from your dfengine into that folder.
Newbrict

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Oct 19th, '13, 12:03 am

A bug has been found in three ioq3 binaries of iodfengine.x86.exe, ioquake3.x86.exe, and ioquake3.x86_64.exe, when you mouse your mouse the cursor moves erratically even in-game. This only happens on Windows 8.1 which I use now.
ℼ佄呃偙⁅呈䱍倠䉕䥌⁃ⴢ⼯㍗⽃䐯䑔䠠䵔⁌⸴㄰吠慲獮瑩潩慮⽬䔯≎ാഊ㰊瑨汭ാ㰊敨摡ാ㰊楴汴㹥䉂⁃‭慌杮慵敧⁳‭敌牡灓湡獩⁨‭牃獯睳牯獤ⴠ圠湩整⁲灓牯獴⼼楴汴㹥਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽敤捳楲瑰潩≮挠湯整瑮∽敌牡灓湡獩⁨楷桴琠敨䈠䍂‮慈敶愠琠獡整⁲楷桴漠牵朠浡獥‬瑳牡⁴灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲敢楧湮牥❳挠畯獲獥漠⁲牢獵⁨灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲湩整浲摥慩整愠摵潩洠条穡湩⹥夠畯挠湡愠獬档捥潹牵氠癥汥‬敧⁴摡楶散‬慨敶礠畯⁲慳⁹湡⁤桳牡⁥潹牵猠潴楲獥∮⼠ാഊ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥欢祥潷摲≳挠湯整瑮∽灓湡獩ⱨ氠湡畧条⁥敬牡楮杮‬慬杮慵敧氠獥潳Ɱ愠畤瑬攠畤慣楴湯‬敳晬猭畴祤‬慬杮慵敧挠畯獲獥‬湯楬敮挠畯獲獥‬慬杮慵敧爠獥畯捲獥‬慬杮慵敧氠獩楴杮ⱳ戠来湩敮獲挠畯獲ⱥ戠来湩敮獲‬湩整浲摥慩整‬楶敤Ɐ愠摵潩•㸯਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽潲潢獴•潣瑮湥㵴椢摮硥昬汯潬≷⼠ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥挢敲瑡摥•潣瑮湥㵴㈢〰〷〳∱⼠ാ㰊敭慴栠瑴⵰煥極㵶䌢湯整瑮吭灹≥挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥唽䙔
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Postby Newbrict » Oct 19th, '13, 3:31 am

Crysis Warhead wrote:A bug has been found in three ioq3 binaries of iodfengine.x86.exe, ioquake3.x86.exe, and ioquake3.x86_64.exe, when you mouse your mouse the cursor moves erratically even in-game. This only happens on Windows 8.1 which I use now.

/in_mouse 3

try that
Newbrict

Postby raack » Dec 26th, '13, 5:59 pm

I finally got iodfe working properly again!!!

After trying many things which all FAILED, I found root cause of the problem. I went into my defrag home directory. This directory has grown to over 6.3+ GB in size. I sorted the files by date and then removed all the pak files downloaded since the presentation of the problem. Seems a bad pk3 was the root cause. Maybe some incompatibility issue or something. Who knows?...

I am just happy everything is working perfectly.
raack

Postby raack » Mar 11th, '14, 4:36 am

Ugh....It happened again.....

There appears to be a 6.3GB limit on your defrag folder in iodfe. I was not aware of this. So the only fix is to delete some pk3's. :(
raack

Postby Le another black niger » Mar 11th, '14, 7:04 am

limit is most likely about pk3s quantity
you can try to repack your maps
Le another black niger

Postby raack » Mar 19th, '14, 2:10 am

I never thought about that angle. Its not the total size, rather the quantity on pk3's. I will give it a try. Thanks!

btw
I've never heard black's say size doesn't matter :lol:
raack

Postby <hk> » Mar 19th, '14, 2:35 pm

People usually repack their PK3s. A pk3-file is just a zip file with a different extension. You can unzip a pk3, merge the content and recompress into a zip. Then rename the extension back to .pk3.

There are tools for the job. However I don't know how they are called on windows.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

PreviousNext