Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

Demo copy failed

Are you really the best?

Demo copy failed

Postby -crysj- » Mar 9th, '11, 2:34 am

hellooo,

I get a "demo copy failed" message at the end of my runs now, this used to happen if i had too many pk3's in my baseq3 but i have cleaned it out and still the same message. Does anyone know any other causes for this and the possible solutions?

cheers :shifty:
-crysj-

Re: Demo copy failed

Postby <hk> » Mar 9th, '11, 11:26 am

Windows, Mac or Linux?

Is your harddisk full?

Maybe your demo names are all in use.
demo0001.dm_68 to demo9999.dm_68

You probably just have to move some demos out of your demo folder.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Mar 9th, '11, 7:28 pm

<hk> wrote:Maybe your demo names are all in use.

that reminds me... this is kind of on topic, but what happens when you get the exact same time on a map 2 times? is the first run overwritten by the second one? i never got the same time 2 times and then looked in my demos folder to see what had happened, but its something that ive always wondered about ever since ive gotten the same time 2x several months ago.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby -crysj- » Mar 9th, '11, 7:47 pm

Ah thanks i shifted all my demos to a temp folder.... sooo many lol its all working fine now :D
-crysj-

Postby Phoenix » Mar 9th, '11, 7:51 pm

KittenIgnition wrote:

that reminds me... this is kind of on topic, but what happens when you get the exact same time on a map 2 times? is the first run overwritten by the second one? i never got the same time 2 times and then looked in my demos folder to see what had happened, but its something that ive always wondered about ever since ive gotten the same time 2x several months ago.

If you're using df_autoRecord 3 (save best time only) then it won't save the 2nd demo because you didn't beat your previous time. Not sure what happens with df_autoRecord 1 ... I think it might just save a 2nd copy with a (2) at the end?

Either way I don't know why you wouldn't want to use df_autoRecord 3. I've already got a billion demos in my folders I don't need a bajillion more useless demos.
Phoenix

Postby TittenIgnition » Mar 11th, '11, 9:39 am

Phoenix wrote:
KittenIgnition wrote:

If you're using df_autoRecord 3 (save best time only) then it won't save the 2nd demo because you didn't beat your previous time. Not sure what happens with df_autoRecord 1 ... I think it might just save a 2nd copy with a (2) at the end?

Either way I don't know why you wouldn't want to use df_autoRecord 3. I've already got a billion demos in my folders I don't need a bajillion more useless demos.

i have several hundred demos, about 3/4 of which are mine. i used to use autorecord 3, but then my harddrive got reformatted and i lost my old config, so i had to start fresh. then i just never cared. ive gotten a couple demo cleaner utilities, but since i hardly ever watch demos and send them to people even less often, its not a huge deal.

i was just curious about this incident.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby [gt]glm » Mar 21st, '11, 11:33 am

\defrag\misc\tools\DDP-Win.zip - Defrag1.9DemoPruner.exe solution for demos
\defrag\misc\tools\WinQ3Repack1.2.zip - solution for pk3s
[gt]glm