Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

New map!

Are you really the best?

New map!

Postby gund3r » Jun 30th, '10, 6:15 am

i know this isnt the right forum, though i want this information to reach the players and not only the mappers. first of, hi to everyone and to felix, sry i didnt reply in that other thread :P
the map is called gu3-eden and its quite a short run (somewhere below 30 seconds). its for both cpm and vq3 though i havent tried vq3. its probably the map that ive spent the most time working on since i started mapping. the layout of the map might make it a bit rough on the fps, but thats just the way it is :P

http://q3a.ath.cx/?mapdetails=gu3-eden
enjoy!

(hey how come : P is a : D?
gund3r

Re: New map!

Postby khtti » Jun 30th, '10, 11:21 pm

It is fun, but theres one part that ruins it.
I know that you know which part I speak of :roll:

You sadist.
khtti

Postby gund3r » Jul 1st, '10, 1:36 am

try shooting the button on ur way there, and then do one of those slide-jumpy-thingies on one of those barrels and catch it midair. wont take so long then :P
gund3r

Postby khtti » Jul 1st, '10, 3:30 am

Actually, I meant the rail-tinyledge-aroundthecorner jump. In VQ3 it makes me feel clumsy.

Btw, with some minor changes this map could double as a frag arena, a rare quality in df maps
khtti

Postby gund3r » Jul 22nd, '10, 5:33 pm

hey, has anyone played the map? id really like to see a demo or two if there is one out there
gund3r

Postby <hk> » Jul 22nd, '10, 9:39 pm

I kind of like it but it's too hard for me.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jul 23rd, '10, 3:14 am

gund3r wrote:hey, has anyone played the map? id really like to see a demo or two if there is one out there

Here's a cpm one with the end gap shortcut. Not sure what other shortcuts I missed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby Phoenix » Jul 23rd, '10, 9:30 am

Tried it vq3. Some parts are okay but as a whole I didn't like it. I'm sure it's better in cpm.

Texturing is pretty good. Not gonna say it's the best I've ever seen but it's above average. The default 5 dmg on the hurt trigger for the rotating spike pins is a little annoying :p.

@nebula n1. Not sure that it would be any faster (.200 or so maybe) but can't you cut that one corner with the ledge near the start even sharper to the left to go on the left side? Gap didn't seem possible for me in vq3 so idk if it's clipped or not.
Phoenix

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jul 24th, '10, 1:05 am

I'd like to see a nice vq3 demo as well 8-)
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby Arcaon » Jul 24th, '10, 9:20 pm

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arcaon

Next