Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

appeal to the best players

Are you really the best?

Re: appeal to the best players

Postby sjuk » Feb 28th, '19, 4:01 pm

For past 15+ years there were no grand game-changing discoveries in vq3 physic as groundboosting in cpm (basically, after year 2008 it was reasonable to re-play all old maps, where plasmo- or rocket- gbs would give a second birth to some maps)
And what's the point of trying to beat old vq3kers' records, especially using same routes they've used without any changes - overdrotting for a few frames "predecestors from the hall of fame" :sleeping-asleep: ? That's disrespectful :snooty:
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby /cdtu/xas » Mar 1st, '19, 7:11 am

sjuk wrote:For past 15+ years there were no grand game-changing discoveries in vq3 physic as groundboosting in cpm (basically, after year 2008 it was reasonable to re-play all old maps, where plasmo- or rocket- gbs would give a second birth to some maps)
And what's the point of trying to beat old vq3kers' records, especially using same routes they've used without any changes - overdrotting for a few frames "predecestors from the hall of fame" :sleeping-asleep: ? That's disrespectful :snooty:

Heavily weapon based vq3.2 maps are least affected by velocity snapping, thus competing the present with history still makes sense. I don't agree with the concept of frame fighting against old legends either, it takes much time and effort and makes little sense. Defeating old WRs with new concepts(from little shortcut to complete sequence break) should be more reasonable.
However we do not have enough balls to do so at present. When it comes to classic maps, online vq3.2 records are always far behind old WRs. This doesn't happen in other 3 categories(cpm.1, cpm.2, vq3.1). It's true that we have velocity snapping for strafe and GBs for cpm.2 that can make huge difference, but the fact is our community is actually taking a step backwards in vq3.2.
At present, we can name tens of top tier players in each category except vq3.2. Dex and shine are the only competitive top tier players in this category(shio isn't competitive nor active). If one of them stops playing, the other one can defeat everyone else with extreme ease. It doesn't mean they are to good to be human though, they keep their form and progress more or less, while everyone else falls behind.
Back to the original topic, what I want to say is that the community's being "bad" actually results from being out of passion, just like what brigand asked in the beginning. Few want to improve in this category, then this category is dying. Every piece of material is ready for everyone to take advantage of, so many old WRs with huge flaws waiting new players to update, just like what brigand implies. No one really cares.
/cdtu/xas

Postby Brigand » Mar 1st, '19, 8:16 am

I agree with you about Dex and Shine. Their confrontation in 10 years is the best that the world has seen defrag. But other than that, you're wrong. Where is lose skills in vq3 weapons ? You guys had 15 years to compete with the old ones, but you didn't do it then or now. New players have made 25 <cityrocket> and passed w3sp-pgultimate 3. Find -jump on <simple-eye> and 2x on the <run-dtc>. Also, some of them made good results on dfwc at the end of the 2nd year of the game and took a higher place than some 10-year-old players;). vq3 is in excellent condition (you can check it out - sending your demonstrations on dfcomps.ru), and that's because for 15 years we've been getting the kind of demonstrations we want. Ultimately we have 2 cocksuckers cpm- strafe, one speaks of passion, but never could show it except for the >>slick. And the second bastard straight from schizophrenia, making their maps screenshots from the horse's ass. And if you want a nazist fuck in your ass, I don't need it. We dont need next generation of replay tool whores.
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Postby /cdtu/xas » Mar 1st, '19, 10:07 am

The majority of the community doesn't care shit about vq3.2 is what makes us falling behind. In the past 10 years since cpm GBs are introduced, vq3.2 went more and more inactive, many old players either left the community or went to other categories. We never produce extreme quality runs in vq3.2 nowadays, that's what I'm calling falling behind.
We can get much better competition demos now than 15 years ago for 15 years of experience, better communication, better hardware for consistency, etc, but no one tries to go crazy on one map to get a run out of reality. People are satisfied with medicore WRs.
There are extreme runs from time to time in other categories, like annh's srr2k5 sub 2, golem's dfwc2012-4, they love the map and are willing to put much time and effort to push it further, whether there is competition or not. While in vq3.2 the competition champion demos tend to be WRs forever, or even no serious run on it without a competition. We are getting better on efficiency but worse on our limit.

I myself am not motivated enough for this either, or rather I've been losing passion as well. I have no interest in any normal competition but in rare cases I might find some map interesting enough to play for some hours. Since dfwc2017 later half I found it tiring to make serious grinds, I played 2017-7 cpm more than 10 hours a day for 3 days and I started to feel disgusting at last. I'm pretty sure I lost on bad route selection instead of being noob on that map, but I don't want to experience that level of grinding any more. There goes my possibility of getting extreme runs. I believe many old vq3ers are pretty much in the same status as mine lol.
/cdtu/xas

Postby Brigand » Mar 1st, '19, 4:41 pm

Lol! What do you and the oldschool players have to do with this? We're talking about two mannequins that don't prove their skills enough. No demonstrations, no configuration, no video, crappy indicators on dfwc. Look at the Bazz, watch hell on IVYX8. Eternal strafer almost win the [fps]Goper (weapon priority) on the last dfwc. How about Arcaon and his wild dfwc2012-6? All this guys had a passion. Yotoon and his dfwc2014-6. You too. Adrian a strafer but look at his dfwc2014-2, and his ideal dfwc2014-4 rockets. And compare it to the fucking "best player" skill. I would like to know if you understood my first message correctly in this thread.) Discrepancy (mismatch) their talking about passion and their real skill. Strafe skill with other skill. Best players and their passion - that atomic, subatomic fucking lies and main problem in the thread. Dont be blind idiots guys. Believing in something hard enough (that they are the best) doesn't make it a proven fact.

ps. Ye, i know, i have a perfect English. Im professor.
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Postby lith » Mar 1st, '19, 8:41 pm

yotoon doesnt get enough credit, imo the best overall vq3 player. goper also very underrated in both cpm and vq3
-l1th-
lith

Postby skyhighguy » Mar 2nd, '19, 2:33 am

Let me be real clear. Breaker came to me saying 'I want to learn slick' Extremely humble clear... wanted to know what i knew... so you know what I SHOWED HIM EVERYTHING... your fucking attackful selfish mentality of "YOU SHOULD GO BEYOND BELIEF OF GROWING THIS COMMUNITY" is well pathetic... Brigand... I'm not sure if your attackful nature is simply because you got ignored by either me or inder WHILE WE WERE DOING RUNS... and well we tend to focus and not pay attention to chat... but you are a piece of shit for going to forums for this shit.. Every time someone asks for help... I try and help. Otherwise if you want to require some kinda extra level shit. Fuck off. Simple.
skyhighguy

Postby skyhighguy » Mar 2nd, '19, 4:25 am

Lets have a discord meeting that we broadcast on youtube... lets see if you show up(:
skyhighguy

Postby Brigand » Mar 2nd, '19, 8:28 am

You lying bitch. How did you help him? You gave him your engine? :]]]]]] On the map >>dkr-long-slide it is very difficult to do less than 4 minutes without knowing that up to 6K ups has a certain angle, which gives an acceleration of +1 ups per frame or so. I played > > autism-2 2 days. How did you guys do less than 3.5? Just admit that you have water-hud. I'm sure there's a HUD for the side strafe showing the perfect speed for turning. similar graphical hud in the form >>mdd_proxy at the holding of the jump. Most players don't need that. But... > > Armageddon spent a lot of time killing you on some maps, but in most cases he only had one problem - his <side-strafe> was imperfect. If we get a lot of your demos and compare, we will see that in most cases (if the path is the same) we are lagging behind in those areas of the maps where there is a <strafe-turn>. Players such as M9kiiPuz, Moskal, Armageddon simply do not have enough vision for perfect movements. If they had it, your passion and your records would be gone. And we won't have a vote on disagreements or anything. First, I don't know English, and second, to say you're a sick bastard, I don't need the support of my friends or the community. Register for dfwc, then refuse to play because of g_synchronousclients 1. What an idiot. Did you think the dfwc administration would change the rules at the last minute? :D No you just knew that Bazz would fuck your ass and were afraid to be TOP3-5. In this context, the >>Breaker's dick is longer than yours.
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Postby /cdtu/xas » Mar 2nd, '19, 8:37 am

Passion is based on interest. How should one be passionate with everything against his own favor? Arcaon's 2012-6 is an extreme masterpiece, but in that comp he also had medicore run that even my nooby shit back then were faster. Anyone can choose to mess around or decline a map or comp that he's not interested or accept. Someone being passionate on slick maps, GB maps, torture maps or tricky maps but not ordinary competition maps is obviously acceptable.
I don't play online so I have no idea if those top players are question-friendly online or not. However, everything is way better than 10 years ago when w3sp tends to hide everything unpublished from the public. You can literally get every material you want if ask properly at present. People are more willing to communicate with each other than ever. Annh and inder have been posting their satisfying demos for a long while and every one of them can be useful material for any newcomer to learn about. I have no idea what this thread is complaining about. If you ask one his config when he himself is always changing his config/using default config and still does good job anyways, he might think you're overcommited to configs and don't give a shit. Things you think important might be nothing for someone else, so why not calm down and turn to others? Peace.
/cdtu/xas

PreviousNext