Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

appeal to the best players

Are you really the best?

appeal to the best players

Postby Brigand » Sep 24th, '18, 2:06 pm

Hey, how are you? Anyone from you has atleast one strafer who downloaded less demos from HOX and Arcaon than posted for public byself? Is there any of you atleast a combo-runner who never seen how Dex config looks like? When xamomax joined our server I asked him: "fov plz(please), xamo, fov?" and he gave an answer: "ok, ok, no problem. Right now 115. I think mostly I've made with 110". Then I joined to Vino. "How many fov, Vino?" - Vino disconnected. Lol. Why we (newbies) should face closeness? RaneFire uploaded his script to savepos and the skill of players who used it increased up to 20%. Dex patiently answered to all my questions, pointed to my mistakes, gave advice and in 2 months I've learned more than 2 years by myself. You learned by hear the FM School and what feedback you gave? "Passion and perseverance will help you win"(с). Do you think we lack passion? Stick it in your ass. Give demos, provide configs, video, and explain how newcomers improve their skills, this is your commitment! Not a privilege! You do not have a respect, do not be deceived about this. No one will kiss your ass. And I do not think so. This creates competition, I agree. But you are already about 5-6 people. You will figure this out byself. But it will pull up the rest of others. This applies to all categories: cpm-strafe, vq3-combo, and even gvn-players. Do more for the community or burn in hell. I follow you very quickly and you know it. This is NOT a request!

P.S. for thoose who have amnesia, here is 2 main topics related to this:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=129&hilit=screenshot&start=100
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Re: appeal to the best players

Postby Kabcorp » Sep 24th, '18, 2:37 pm

I think you just had no luck with Xamomax or the others. they are not bad guys! I think that people are less reflexive to post their configs, I'm sure it does not matter with the fact of personally keeping config. For the demos, I can understand that some want to keep their own route/spacings/velSnaps etc.. If you need anything, ask on Discord. On public chat or private message, the defrag community will always listen and good advice.
Kabcorp

Postby qxwe » Sep 24th, '18, 4:53 pm

What's your fucking intention? Get everyone to share everything? What about the thrill of finding out stuff on your own? Even if that doesn't matter to you, what about competition and diversity in routes? Learning to play properly is something you ultimately must learn by playing a lot. No matter how much advice you take, experience can not be replaced. It's not like there's always gonna be someone to tell you what the best route is. Being able to apply your experience and skill to any given map in any given mode is to be a great player. And there ain't no fucking guide for every single map out there. Be a REAL DeFRaG player or get out of here!
qxwe

Postby Brigand » Sep 24th, '18, 5:12 pm

How about a real account? We are not talking about routes on specific maps. It's about learning from the best players ' demos, giving the opportunity to learn from others. Your words would be true if we talked about those who studied on their own. But we know that's not true. Tutorials, lots of demos. That's what happened before you went crazy. And what you used for free! "Real Defrag player" - I put where the word"passion". Shove your experience up your ass and complete the demo theme as others have done before you. Now get fuck out of here, not me, but you!
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Postby Brigand » Sep 24th, '18, 5:26 pm

Kabcorp wrote:I think you just had no luck with Xamomax or the others. they are not bad guys! I think that people are less reflexive to post their configs, I'm sure it does not matter with the fact of personally keeping config. For the demos, I can understand that some want to keep their own route/spacings/velSnaps etc.. If you need anything, ask on Discord. On public chat or private message, the defrag community will always listen and good advice.

You misunderstand me. I was lucky with xamomax. And not me, but all of us. As with Arcaon, Hox, KeT, Sylvan, Chopin, RaneFire, FM trick defrag school and other's. We were unlucky with those who came AFTER them.
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Postby qxwe » Sep 24th, '18, 5:27 pm

Who are you to imply that I learned to play by bugging other people to death and watching zillions of demos...? And who are you to even attempt to force people to share their demos for you to learn from them?
To me, it sounds like you're angry that you cannot get to the skill level you desire quickly enough, and that's why you made this pathetic thread. Patience and endurance is what makes great players, not brainless copying or silly scripts.
Of course we all need someplace to start, something to base our own progress on and continue enhancing our skill from that point. But honestly, your approach at it has always struck me as quite 'cheap'. You got LOADS of demos to watch already, including some of my shitty ones. If that ain't enough for a solid basic understanding of techniques, I don't know whether or not you'll be able to improve any more.
It's just questionable ethics in my eyes, no need for any further discussion. I just felt like I had to share my point of view.
qxwe

Postby Brigand » Sep 24th, '18, 5:51 pm

I don't care how it sounds to you. All I know is that if you're who I think you are, I asked you a year ago to record a VOD video . Got a polite " maybe later." What does the video or configuration questions have to do with the routes you're so afraid to share? No one's talking about your demopack. We're talking about the simple things that others have done and the simple questions that were answered in their time for . I can give many examples. All you need to know is to do what you want, but compared to those best players that were before, you have no respect. And you'll never get it. Because they had the knowledge and the desire to help. You have the words "great player"and" passion.
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Postby qxwe » Sep 24th, '18, 6:32 pm

What does ''respect'' mean in the disgusting pit of rotting human trash that is this game? Do I need to be a clean-cut butt sucker to get it? Do I need to adapt to what's generally considered 'respectable'? Even if it goes against what I'd naturally do? Yeah? Well, fuck respect then.
To address the route part...
I am not in the least afraid to share my routes.
I am not afraid of being beaten. It's more like I don't want to share them: because I expect you to be able to figure it out without help. And IF I - allegedly - stole a route from a demo or video - that shit is READILY available for you, too. Equal fucking chances as far as possible. That's where skill and experience shows, that's what makes the difference between skilled and lesser skilled. Find shit on your own. As I did with most of my times (can't blame you for not believing me, it's hard to find anyone who isn't a complete BIGOT and LIAR in this fucked up shit community). How fucking braindead do you have to be to request a demo of a time that is only 0.008 seconds faster than yours? Isn't it logical that you need a couple of random units per second more...?
To be clear about it, once and for all:
I, personally, find your approach at getting better to be against the spirit of it all. DeFRaG is both a competitive game and a journey for the individual. What's the fun in spoiling the fun?
It's all my own opinion, and I am not afraid to share it. Also, ''do whatever you want'' goes to you guys as well. Let's see who can be proud of their achievements at the end of the day.
Good fucking day
qxwe

Postby Brigand » Sep 24th, '18, 7:11 pm

It wasn't a request, it was an exchange. "Your Demography look's quite excellent to me" are your words. We didn't see your qualifications at the end of the day, but at the end of the dfwc. Where was the passion? So, how do you feel about vq3-weapon's? Have you had any success recently? What about you and me? 10 days, as on dfwc. I think this is the best way to test the passion of the player. You know what I'm saying? I'm offering you a fight. The best player of Defrag. For the first time this put a big point, Bazz. Maybe now you'd like a rematch? Equal conditions are also your words. If you win - I'll get the fuck out of the servers, as you advised me earlier. 6 months is enough? If I win - we want to see VOD's, and a few demos of our choice. This is a good deal, agree!
2018- strafe
2019- rocket
Brigand

Postby qxwe » Sep 24th, '18, 7:32 pm

Are you seriously trying to taunt me for coming in second in DFWC? :roll:
I also get the feeling that you're trying to imply that I think I am the greatest player ever. That is an outright false claim.
No passion can exist where no fun is being had, as it is the case with weapon maps for me. I had made the promise to Strangeland that I would play the DFWC, no matter how I felt about it, and I did. He can testify. Many more can. DFWC2017 in a nutshell: The maps were suboptimal for my taste, not even one of them was fun to play at all. Same goes for the entire competition. It wasn't stimulating in any way shape or form.
What's the meaning of that VQ3 weapons statement...? I've never really played that seriously (because again, weapons are no fun), so I'm confused as to why you bring it up.
Regarding your 'challenge', I have no interest whatsoever in competing with you or Bazz. This isn't about comparing skill levels, you god damn fool.
I am just criticizing your highly stupid way of improving your skills, because overanalyzing every single frame of a demo is not going to get you anywhere. And aggressively demanding demo uploads and figuratively screaming SHOW ME THE WAY is kind of pathetic. That is all. You don't have to listen to me, and you probably won't.

PS. I wish you could speak English properly, I'm having a hard time making sense of what you're writing.
qxwe

Next