Board index DeFRaG Movies

Maze - Feature

Let's talk about defrag movies

Maze - Feature

Postby Bliccer » Apr 12th, '14, 8:13 pm

Maze - a 15 minutes long cpm movie closing a gaming chapter in the life of a german defrag player who started defragging in 2005.

Movie download should be prefered to youtube streaming, since latter doesn't support 50fps.

With this movie two defragger, Maze and Bliccer, want to say thank you and goodbye to the community.
This piece comes in all kind of flavours:
- the movie including a standard name/time hud
- or topviews of the maps for orientation
- or the COMPLETEPACK, including the topviews as a second video track, input subtitles, extra clips, all redesigned maps (you can also use for your own demos) and maze' demos.

Of course the author recommends to download the completepack and starting the full experience by reading the info file inside.
Every version also includes the good old "ingame only" audiotrack (rightclick in vlc, audio, audiotrack 2)

Maze Completepack
Maze HQ (Hud)
Maze HQ (Topviews)
igmdb (with more dl links and qualities)
Bliccer

Re: Maze - Feature

Postby Newbrict » Apr 16th, '14, 6:07 am

Truly a masterpiece, great work :violin:
Newbrict

Postby -av1spa- » Apr 17th, '14, 12:57 am

n0t b4d
Last edited by -av1spa- on Mar 1st, '16, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pwn3d
-av1spa-

Postby wubwub » Apr 17th, '14, 5:27 pm

glorious

the map remakes are really nice, runzlaugh-whatever and cirkus-alien-whatever are amazing

sequel when you both return :')
wubwub

Postby Bliccer » Apr 18th, '14, 3:48 pm

The maps are available now:

http://ws.q3df.org/map/revisit_runzlaugh2err5/

rhv is my favourite =) metalhand...
Bliccer

Postby gnj » Apr 19th, '14, 8:51 pm

Very impressive editing, sweet looking map-remakes and overall just a very enjoyable watch. And that topview thing was just awesome.

Thanks for creating such a fine piece of art!

You guys will be remembered!
gnj

Postby bunny » Apr 19th, '14, 11:23 pm

whos mais?
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Postby [PT]-TANIA » Apr 28th, '14, 11:27 pm

"Masterpiece"
"Piece of art"

What else is there to say ;)
[PT]-TANIA

Postby dqopb » May 4th, '14, 11:00 pm

Great job!

I downloaded both complete pack and topview versions. And I prefer the topview version on a single monitor, because it is new and interesting.

I wonder how much work was spent to the topview / 3d route highlights, AND the subtitle keypresses. Must have been a damn lot.

The movie looks smoothly and clear, and has a style of its own. A great addition to my collection. :dance:

Kinda said you say 'goodbye' this way. But 'goodbye' is not 'farewell'. No-one has quitted defrag that easily.
dqopb

Postby Bliccer » May 9th, '14, 8:03 pm

Thank you so much for all your comments =)
The topviews needed around 8 hours of work, when all the screenshots were taken; the subtitles have been created during render times (probably a day?).

Saying goodbye seems pretty hard, indeed. Two days ago, when I watched some of the old tricking vids I came across an account name a lot of people in here might be familiar with: [bsh]thrshr. He uploaded some of his old demos onto youtube... and actually... I am thinking about doing (again) one last video, this time including my demos. But it probably will be a short 3 minutes, first-person only, no transitions at all clip. At the moment I can't do anything anyway, since I have too much going on, away from games and the computer. And for my idea I first need to recover my files from an old hdd...
Bliccer

Next