Board index DeFRaG Movies

EDGE OF THE EARTH

Let's talk about defrag movies

EDGE OF THE EARTH

Postby rEnk » Mar 1st, '12, 8:30 pm

Edge of the Earth is a new quake 3 freestyle trickjump movie, directed and edited by rEnk.

I've been working on this project since 2010 august. I had these demos from various players on my hdd very long time and I decided to use them to a new movie...Then I started to create custom fx-scripts for q3mme. I created some preety ones and I started to create this video. About a year ago I almost finished and released it, but I stopped just before the end. I didn't edited anything to it until 2011 december and the project is almost lost...
But it's finally done and I hope you will enjoy the movie.

Watch it on youtube or download from ESR.

Trickers: buddha, detinu, mensroom, rbk, soul_brother, flayzerannyx, nibbit (Demos)

Tracklist:
30 Seconds to Mars - Edge of the Eart
The Quemists - s.w.a.g.
Pendulum feat. In Flames - Self vs. Self
Little People - Start Shootin'
rEnk

Re: EDGE OF THE EARTH

Postby SenT!neL » Mar 1st, '12, 10:49 pm

such a beautiful movie! I have to watch it again now :D
SenT!neL

Postby oranje » Mar 2nd, '12, 12:13 am

Great movie! Love the effects and camera work. Amazing! :D (not so much the seizure inducing flashes though) Good job! 8-)
oranje

Postby rlx|mini » Mar 2nd, '12, 7:50 am

4:46 & 6:00 dafuq :shock:
Excellent movie. Its fun to watch,and had some decent editing! And great to see detinu rocking again! :dance:
Too bad, they never try any new fs maps, tho!
rlx|mini

Postby Arcaon » Mar 2nd, '12, 11:42 am

+ Some great tricks
+ Awesome in-game effects

- A lot of the camera and cutting work made it harder to enjoy the tricks
- Music choice didn't fit all that well
Arcaon

Postby demon0r » Mar 5th, '12, 3:05 pm

Great movie :o I didn't expect much, cause you know, it came from nowhere, just one day shoveling through shit at esreality I came across this one, and BAM :P It just knocked me down :P

I didn't care about some old detinu's tricks that I've seen ages ago or scripted runs by buddha. Presentation is stunning (epic mme fx and cams), music is fuckin good :P (I just LOVE that transition between songs at 2:50) and well, what can I write, it just became one of my all time best q3 movies...

And you know, it's funny, overhyped Event Horizon 4 was only good, and this one came from nowhere and totally owned. Kudos to you renk for bringing so much entertainment to us with this movie! :P
demon0r

Postby $$-albion » Mar 5th, '12, 6:32 pm

[faps]a wrote:- Music choice didn't fit all that well

So much negativity arca :snooty: I didn't mind the music, it was good. It's INFINITELY better than all the lame-ass WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB. I swear, every single frag/trick video these days... WUBWUBWUB till your ears bleed.

But indeed awesome tricks and in-game editing as arca said, really liked the way you did the text :o I'd really like to see more of them wicked scripted tricks!

Edit: removed vid, cause hugman was too butthurt about it.
Last edited by $$-albion on Mar 6th, '12, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
$$-albion

Postby hugman » Mar 5th, '12, 6:35 pm

That was a really bad excuse to post an unrelated TF2 video in a thread about someone else's movie. Just saying.

On topic though, the tricks were sick but I didn't like the custom gfx. Otherwise good job :). Well also, noting which tricks were scripted / TSed would be nice.
hugman

Postby $$-albion » Mar 6th, '12, 12:21 am

hugman wrote:That was a really bad excuse to post an unrelated TF2 video in a thread about someone else's movie. Just saying.

Excuse? All I said was there's too much dubstep these days, so I posted an example that I've recently watched, to show that proper editing and no wubwub = better viewing pleasure. I don't see why that wasn't relevant to my argument.
$$-albion

Postby wubwub » Mar 6th, '12, 3:54 pm

$$-albion wrote:no wubwub = better viewing pleasure.

:(
wubwub

Next