Board index DeFRaG Movies

Trailer - Defraging is not a crime

Let's talk about defrag movies

Trailer - Defraging is not a crime

Postby breacH » Sep 8th, '10, 3:52 pm

All right, here is the trailer of a new upcomming quake 3 defrag movie from D-F Production.

The movie will be a mix of freestyle tricks and runs performed by elco.
Editing by breacH and music mix made by RBK from han-sai production.

Nothing else to say, the readme file does not say much more.
I hope this short flick will entertain you and also motivate you for the upcomming movie!

breacH

note: 1080p version only for powerful computer (i can not read it)

links: http://www.own-age.com/vids/15144/

DEFRAG.FR
My Quake videos, and more: HERE
breacH

Re: Trailer - Defraging is not a crime

Postby Arcaon » Sep 9th, '10, 11:13 am

*defragging ;pPPpPPppPpPpp

Anyway, looks cool. ;)
Arcaon

Postby 742617000027 » Sep 9th, '10, 1:38 pm

Don't blame the breach, he is not from the England!

Postby breacH » Sep 10th, '10, 1:46 pm

: D
DEFRAG.FR
breacH

Postby Phoenix » Sep 11th, '10, 2:10 am

742617000027 wrote:Don't blame the breach, he is not from the England!

He knows and can talk to many people with very fluent English so I don't see how it's difficult to simply ask someone to check over your spelling. I certainly would if I was working in a language other than my own. It's not the end of the world but it does make your work look less professional so I hope this is something you will consider for the final movie.
Phoenix

Postby werlin » Sep 11th, '10, 1:39 pm

by the looks of Epinephrine its gonna be good :)
werlin

Postby 742617000027 » Sep 11th, '10, 4:21 pm

werlin wrote:by the looks of Epinephrine its gonna be good :)

Epinephrine was sexy cause of Boris alone. Gawd, he is so sexy!

Postby breacH » Sep 11th, '10, 10:19 pm

Phoenix wrote:
742617000027 wrote:Don't blame the breach, he is not from the England!

He knows and can talk to many people with very fluent English so I don't see how it's difficult to simply ask someone to check over your spelling. I certainly would if I was working in a language other than my own. It's not the end of the world but it does make your work look less professional so I hope this is something you will consider for the final movie.

i checked the spelling.. an when i saw defragging was for hard drive defrag tools, i just thought defraging would fit better to the game.. because it has nothing to do with hard drives... anyway xD
DEFRAG.FR
breacH

Postby werlin » Sep 11th, '10, 11:14 pm

not really a big thing if you're not a native english speaker, but for those who are, sometimes, this kind of thing can stop you for a split second... i didnt make much of it myself 'till someone warned me that it can be misread, in this case, like defr(aging)... (and since the mod's got half a dozen years and counting :mrgreen: )

but at the end of the day it's just english ppl(people) being picky :P

ps: actually some old schoolers can probably shed some light on this, but if im not mistaken the word frag, in quake and gaming, also comes from fragmentation (blown to pieces) so they would have both the same origin, meaning and pronunciation, but in a different context... (unless you are on those maps with a kill volume at the bottom instead of a teleporter :geek: there the meaning goes flying out the window)
werlin

Postby Phoenix » Sep 12th, '10, 12:10 am

Well you need to decide whether this video is supposed to be Defragging (as in the act of playing defrag) or Defraging which is technically misspelled but could also act as a play on the word Defragging which is purposely incorporating "raging" which of course comes from rage. Rage can have meanings other than anger which deal with a strong intensity of emotion or passion and would be very fitting for a defrag video.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/rage

It's not about English people being picky. It's a clearly visible mistake to us which detracts value from your work which is otherwise well done (although this trailer doesn't really suit my tastes). If I decided to do a video in French, which I know the basics of through schooling but haven't used in many years, and put in several French subtitles that were misspelled or improper ways of saying things then it would be highly noticeable to anyone who speaks French as their native language while to anyone else it wouldn't seem like such a big thing.

It all gets a bit mucky when talking about a word like "defrag" anyways considering the word itself isn't a real word in the English language. I thought it was more likely to be an intentional mistake based on what I said above until I came here :)
Phoenix

Next