Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2017

DFWC 2017 - Maps

Which one is your favorite map? (Vote up to 3)

Round 1 by ImOor
7%
Round 2 by NaturalSpringWater
4%
Round 3 by kairos & zapadlo
13%
Round 4 by Nik
17%
Round 5 by Kabcorp
26%
Round 6 by Noodles
27%
Round 7 by Zapadlo
6%

Total votes : 102

Re: DFWC 2017 - Maps

Postby DsC_Creep » Dec 9th, '17, 2:20 pm

I usually don't enjoy strafe maps, especially long ones. But 06 is really amazing. At first I was very underwhelmed, as it felt like another boring ass map. Something to be found on ql race servers perhaps. But after playing a few times it really opened up with all it's space and possibilities. In cpm you just feel like you are literally flying through these humongous caverns, which is a feeling I very much appreciate in DeFRaG.

The look is pretty incoherent with palm trees in lava caverns littered with crates and blue glowing ice surfaces. Does not make any sense at all. But on the other hand, there is so much going on here, because of the shit ton of geometry, that I don't really mind in this case.

0xEC/0xFF :clap:
DsC_Creep

Postby BerserK » Dec 9th, '17, 5:05 pm

Map 6 - strafe pussies (snapgaz users) wet dream

edit:
Offended strafe pussies counter: 1
Last edited by BerserK on Dec 9th, '17, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby bibi » Dec 9th, '17, 5:09 pm

Why don't you play a game that doesn't have velocity snapping instead, so you don't have to complain about its existence? Must be unhealthy to play a game you don't actually like.

Quake live doesn't have snapping and no huds, go for it
bibi

Postby [+--..] » Dec 9th, '17, 9:40 pm

BerserK wrote:Map 6 - strafe pussies (snapgaz users) wet dream

edit:
Offended strafe pussies counter: 1

did you even enjoy dfwc just for one minute? why even participate?
[+--..]

Postby BerserK » Dec 9th, '17, 10:13 pm

due iodf no. See my 3rd map demo. Even on my last demo theres the same mouse issue.

Seems fixed now with last "patch", hope thsi will not jinx it
edit: nope, still retarded, still input corruption. Last dfwcs were multiple option of engine. Now only iodf. Why? Why we couldn't use them?
Last edited by BerserK on Dec 13th, '17, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby demon0r » Dec 9th, '17, 10:57 pm

And finally map 7. I'm just going to write this - this is the true test of a defrag skill. A lot of technical tricks which require pretty perfect execution in order to pass the series of obstacles, insanity.

3 things just kill this map for me though:
1) it's unplayable in vq3. Clunky tricks amplified by bizarre obstacles placing
2) kill triggers/teleports - mess your jumps slightly, get sent back to the previous section or flat out killed, argh
3) it's SUPER FUCKING LONG again, who has time to sit on his ass and play this kind of insane technical map just before christmas?

Overall, I'd rate this DFWC very positively, like 7/10. Most of the maps were great, too much strafe only though, scheldule was nicely thought out, rounds ends were handled pretty sweet (running start for streamers was a great idea!). Too many upward ramps slowing the player down, no bounces, no grenade/bfg maps, and all of the maps were super long (which is both positive and negative). Thanks for organizing this event, I'm happy that defrag is not quite dead yet :)

EDIT: the best map for my taste is round 5 by Kabcorp. A lot of variance, great flow and it enabled insane demos to happen :)
Last edited by demon0r on Dec 10th, '17, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demon0r

Postby /cdtu/xas » Dec 10th, '17, 10:51 am

map 7:
huge frame drops.
ramps again!!! and still no ob. first time ever right?(apart from map 4 ramp one)
weird gameplay for vq3. all other maps combine both technique and flow for vq3 physic but this one compensates flow for technique. it's intended to make players stop for this and that, at least from first look.

spacing in vq3 is extremely unfriendly, i'm failing most attempts due to wrong skims, wrong jump spacing or something like that, and it's really awkward to altering them "right". maybe i'm just too noob for this map.
cpm gameplay is a lot better from all aspects than vq3. that nade4haste section is bs though, would be a fun map without it.
Last edited by /cdtu/xas on Dec 14th, '17, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
/cdtu/xas

Postby aXos » Dec 10th, '17, 2:22 pm

poll added :)
aXos

Postby DsC_Creep » Dec 16th, '17, 2:23 am

07 - I don't even know how to rate this one. Took me forever to even finish it, and I don't think I'll have the time to even try for a semi-decent time.

That being said - it is the final map, so it's supposed to be hard, I guess.

Well. It looks pretty nice, and the donation texture is cool too. It did lack guidance on how to actually proceed though, especially in the first room.

Quake Champions / Quake. Whatever that means.
DsC_Creep

Postby BerserK » Dec 16th, '17, 11:54 pm

Heh map 7. Hm. Medal to everyone who will do a flawless vq3 run! :shock:

_________
a little peak into nice and smooth dfwc anticheat iodf experience:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BerserK

PreviousNext