Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2014

offline is shitty

The Defrag World Cup in 2014

offline is shitty

Postby h@des. » Nov 6th, '14, 2:14 am

Hi
so offline is shitty with pmove_fixed 0 and g_synchronousclients 1. However, when I change pmove to 1 and g_synch to 0, the gameplay is fine.
so with the dfwc settings the movement is delayed like playing online with g_synch 1. I've tried every engine and many configs and a clear quake 3 as well. I think that it's a PC issue rather than within the game itself.
Windows 7 64 bit
Integrated graphics card
2.00 GB RAM

HELP PLS
h@des.

Re: offline is shitty

Postby esc?nebuLa » Nov 6th, '14, 8:20 am

Are you talking specifically about the map dfwc2014-1? If df_ob_killobs is set to 1, the physics seem normal again. When overbounces are enabled on this map, the jump behavior does seem odd and almost like cpma with lower jump heights.

>the movement is delayed like playing online with g_synch 1.

Elaborate on that. Is it input delay/video lag/framerate drops? I get similar problems with different video and chipset drivers.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby Timothy » Nov 6th, '14, 4:44 pm

you have been exposed by the anti cheat.
Timothy

Postby r » Nov 6th, '14, 9:34 pm

make sure your jump height is 48u.
if it's 45-46 you prolly have set pmove_fixed 0 AND g_synchronousclients 0 (maybe some demo record script has set gsync back to 0)
r

Postby h@des. » Nov 6th, '14, 10:03 pm

esc?nebuLa wrote:Are you talking specifically about the map dfwc2014-1? If df_ob_killobs is set to 1, the physics seem normal again. When overbounces are enabled on this map, the jump behavior does seem odd and almost like cpma with lower jump heights.

it's not specific to the dfwc map and it's not df_ob_killobs

esc?nebuLa wrote:Elaborate on that. Is it input delay/video lag/framerate drops? I get similar problems with different video and chipset drivers.

It's some delay in the movement. With the cgaz hud it's noticeable, for example when CJ-ing you can see the light green bar falling behind. you can also see this when cpm turning, with the green bar falling slightly behind. If you set g_synchronousclients to 1 while online, you should experience this type of delay. Well It's the same type of delay offline just not as bad, yet bad enough to affect my performace (max 590 cj).

r wrote:make sure your jump height is 48u.
if it's 45-46 you prolly have set pmove_fixed 0 AND g_synchronousclients 0 (maybe some demo record script has set gsync back to 0)

Jump height is 48 and when I put g_synch 1, it's stays at 1. Either way I've tried with default.cfg and a clean quake 3 and the problem persists. g_synch 0 in combination with pmove_fixed 1 fixes the whole delay issue, but the problem is that those are not the dfwc settings.
h@des.

Postby [gt]tech » Nov 7th, '14, 9:18 pm

heh its old thread. i feel same, always when play ofline =\
[gt]tech

Postby Arcaon » Nov 7th, '14, 11:22 pm

Pretty sure g_sync always delays the cgaz hud. I just deal with it.
Arcaon

Postby h@des. » Nov 8th, '14, 1:12 am

Arcaon wrote:Pretty sure g_sync always delays the cgaz hud. I just deal with it.

seriously? isn't your cj greatly affected?
h@des.

Postby Newbrict » Nov 8th, '14, 1:17 am

Why do we need g_synch 1 anyway. can someone explain?
Newbrict

Postby skyhighguy » Nov 8th, '14, 1:53 am

idk if pmove whatever has anything to do with it, g_synchronousclients being set to 0 offline should be a requirement honestly. Never play offline with it set to 1, those who have good demos and claim for it to be set at 1 are liarssssssssssss
skyhighguy

Next