Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2014

DFWC2014 general discussion

The Defrag World Cup in 2014

Re: DFWC2014 general discussion

Postby NoblessYoite » Oct 26th, '14, 10:38 pm

Players have to meet the following criteria to participate in the Defrag World Cup 2014. Also, the demos you submit have to be recorded while ANTICHEAT SOFTWARE was installed and active (How to install the ANTICHEAT SOFTWARE)

Is any information about anticheat software? i believe its coming soon
NoblessYoite

Postby gnj » Oct 27th, '14, 2:34 am

NoblessYoite wrote:
Players have to meet the following criteria to participate in the Defrag World Cup 2014. Also, the demos you submit have to be recorded while ANTICHEAT SOFTWARE was installed and active (How to install the ANTICHEAT SOFTWARE)

Is any information about anticheat software? i believe its coming soon

Yea, i guess hk will have it uploaded in the next few days.

Regarding the ruleset: some stuff has been removed/rephrased.

If there are any issues left, please tell us.
gnj

Postby sjuk » Oct 27th, '14, 5:02 pm

Why a right corner labellink to dfwc site from this one is denimy :confusion-confused:

Attached picture: unforgetable beauty of virus parasites seeped through previous cups's 1st round map
shot0129.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby kairos » Oct 27th, '14, 10:11 pm

I guess I'll jump in too, even if this is an old excerpt

khetti wrote:
gnj wrote:You of all people should know how complex and explotable this game is and how challenging it is to create a perfect ruleset. This is merely a safety net in case someone comes up with something BLATANTLY unfair which wasnt covered in the rules (hence the phrasing "common sense of fair play").

The game is built around unintuitive exploits, everything else is a patience test.
None are "unfair," unless you define fair play as "only whats obvious after years of brainless repetition."
If you want a safety net against cleverness and rigor, talk to your mappers.
You can exclude a technique through geometry easier than by convincing everyone that the undefinable-except-by-authoritah-after-the-fact "common sense of fair play" prohibits it.
A players task is to find the best route and execute it, not to anticipate the motions of a blind god.

I would agree with the rule if only because of shit like DFWC2012. I was the reason that /handicap became a new map breaker, and I bet you anything that if I had just submitted a demo instead of talking to hk about it, I would have been disqualified. Rule broken? Absolutely none; however, regardless of being the fastest demo, it would have ruined the essence of competition.

I'd rather enjoy trying to compete than to have a free card because I fucked around with console variables.
kairos

Postby sjuk » Nov 1st, '14, 5:37 pm

sjuk wrote:
rltnhtc0.jpg

DeFrag as a virtual universe (with concomitant maps' objects as teleporters, velocity pads, electroshaders) represents congruent planet of Solar system
ltovt80i.jpg

The cup's site banner at 2012 was stodgy (UT guised as ZERG prefers), and preliminary 2014 year's is feebly for now. Please don't count it as meticulous remarks-hunting, little changes will adduct to a much more pleasant presentable look. So, DeFrag's distinct style should be restrained
USB 3.0 cable 04.jpg

Site's current background bubbly image (by "twitter solutions") suits to Uran character by color gradient, but not by shape
fsyusquc.jpg

Pierce lines coming between C and 2 at banner and secant SignUp pieces are closer examples of what will fit. But again, not sairax'ed overweighted letters.
Thorium.jpg

Another quite catchy representation of Uran, who being not a greek anymore in modern ages, adores glitchy incidents:
Another representation of U.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby Carlos » Nov 1st, '14, 5:42 pm

sjuk wrote:
sjuk wrote:
rltnhtc0.jpg

DeFrag as a virtual universe (with concomitant maps' objects as teleporters, velocity pads, electroshaders) represents congruent planet of Solar system
ltovt80i.jpg

The cup's site banner at 2012 was stodgy (UT guised as ZERG prefers), and preliminary 2014 year's is feebly for now. Please don't count it as meticulous remarks-hunting, little changes will adduct to a much more pleasant presentable look. So, DeFrag's distinct style should be restrained
USB 3.0 cable 04.jpg

Site's current background bubbly image (by "twitter solutions") suits to Uran character by color gradient, but not by shape
fsyusquc.jpg

Pierce lines coming between C and 2 at banner and secant SignUp pieces are closer examples of what will fit. But again, not sairax'ed overweighted letters.
Thorium.jpg

Another quite catchy representation of Uran, who being not a greek anymore in modern ages, adores glitchy incidents:
Another representation of U.jpg

sjuk i <3 u men))
Carlos

Postby uN*DeaD|Enter » Nov 1st, '14, 10:36 pm

in rules is lines:
"pmove_fixed" must be set to "0" (optional, if g_synchronousClients is set to "1")
"pmove_msec" must be set to "8" (optional, if g_synchronousClients is set to "1")

"g_synchronousClients" must be set to "1"

Is online demos not allowed?
if not, why 'optional'?
uN*DeaD|Enter

Postby <hk> » Nov 2nd, '14, 4:49 pm

uN*DeaD|Enter wrote:Is online demos not allowed?

Online demos are not allowed.

uN*DeaD|Enter wrote:if not, why 'optional'?

g_synchronousClients enforces those variables anyway.

Please upload a testdemo to the website right away.
The server will check the demo for the right settings on upload.
You can delete the demo in your profile after that.
This is just to make sure nobody's demo is rejected due to bad settings.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby demon0r » Nov 2nd, '14, 7:19 pm

<hk> wrote:Please upload a testdemo to the website right away.
The server will check the demo for the right settings on upload.

Uploaded a demo, settings are fine, anticheat in place and activated and I'm getting this message while trying tu upload test demo:

Your anti-cheating software is not installed properly. Get help on #defrag on quakenet. All other settings are correct.

win7 64bit, dfengine 1.08

EDIT: it's working now
Last edited by demon0r on Nov 2nd, '14, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demon0r

Postby nLxajA » Nov 2nd, '14, 8:30 pm

Shut down servers, dfwc2014-1 map votable and ppl(people) already playing:(
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
All defrag maps repack! <- very useful! Highly recommended!
nLxajA

PreviousNext