Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2013

General Organisation

Canceled due to lack of maps

Re: General Organisation

Postby Timothy » May 13th, '13, 8:59 am

dqopb wrote:Also, the rules for this map (and/or a couple others) should allow random obs. So as every competitor knows that others might use them in that round. Because it is a part of defrag, no need to forbid it entirely in DFWC.

Yes, let's allow maps that depend entirely on luck.
Timothy

Postby dqopb » May 13th, '13, 1:20 pm

Not entirely, not only luck.
Also patience, knowledge, reaction time, skill.

Is there no effect of luck in other tricks? Humans are not perfect. The impact of chance makes relatively big error even on strafes. That's why we cannot strafe like bots.
I mean that even the top pro strafers don't set the records from the first try. They train maps, and the best (~= the luckiest) attempt becomes a record. Do I mistake here?

After all, are there no random-OB-records on mdd? Are there no such in offline record tables?
dqopb

Postby Timothy » May 17th, '13, 3:29 pm

dqopb wrote:Is there no effect of luck in other tricks? Humans are not perfect. The impact of chance makes relatively big error even on strafes. That's why we cannot strafe like bots.
I mean that even the top pro strafers don't set the records from the first try. They train maps, and the best (~= the luckiest) attempt becomes a record. Do I mistake here?

Sure, but skill is still the biggest factor here.
I'm not quite sure how getting a random ob requires skill though. It's called random for a reason.

Player A might get 5 random ob's in a row during a DFWC round.
Player B might never get an ob for the entirety of the week. Not because of his lack of skill, but because he wasn't lucky enough.
Ye, I don't see how that would be fun in a competition.

dqopb wrote:After all, are there no random-OB-records on mdd?

I'm strongly against logging random ob's, but I guess I'm the minority.
Timothy

Postby bunny » May 18th, '13, 1:35 am

dqopb wrote:After all, are there no random-OB-records on mdd? Are there no such in offline record tables?

so are botted times, mwheeled times, yawed times, times done using rj script etc.
i dont get ur point sir :p
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Postby [fps]Mntr » May 18th, '13, 7:05 am

dqopb wrote:Not entirely, not only luck.
Also patience, knowledge, reaction time, skill.

Is there no effect of luck in other tricks? Humans are not perfect. The impact of chance makes relatively big error even on strafes. That's why we cannot strafe like bots.

After all, are there no random-OB-records on mdd? Are there no such in offline record tables?

well, the problem of random ob's is that some of them you can get with like 90% chance(for example, chronos_cpmrun3 last run, you have to get enough speed only) and some of them are just very rare(for example, some random hob from ramp). So in my opinion, mappers should just make protection from random obs(i.e. with w3sp noob surface) after ramps, gb's and so on.
[fps]Mntr

Postby dqopb » May 20th, '13, 4:18 pm

Perhaps you're right.
I agree, that someone's totally lucky OB-shortcut can ruine someone else's week.
What I propose is add one map to the pool, which will have legal (and easy to get) random obs. Not slope ob preferably. But maybe a rocket or plasma climb ob before the start.

The majority can disagree, though.
dqopb

Postby uN*DeaD|ZERG (C) » Aug 23rd, '13, 8:26 am

hi guys ) What about dfwc 2013, dates/maps?
uN*DeaD|ZERG (C)

Postby sjuk » Aug 23rd, '13, 2:23 pm

Cold september-october are such poetic monthes for mapping :violin:
But as most of quake-related sites (and all previous DFWC levelshot templates) are basically a blackness of petrescent bog with COOL teeny decorative bs (not battlesuits),
and people in this community are all mature sophisticated gentlemen, I am proposing this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby <hk> » Aug 23rd, '13, 10:29 pm

There has been very little organisation going on for the DFWC 2013. I don't think it is going to happen.

A dfwc 2014 is way more likely :)
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby uN*DeaD|ZERG (C) » Aug 24th, '13, 7:42 am

if now ppl(people) dont want to help u/us, they will not do it at 2014, will search you at ts hk)
uN*DeaD|ZERG (C)

PreviousNext