Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2013

General Organisation

Canceled due to lack of maps

Re: General Organisation

Postby <hk> » Sep 20th, '13, 11:54 am

Suggestions?

I'd like to have 6 maps that are highly flow optimised. The player shouldn't have to stop anywhere to wait for nades or doors.
The length should be around 30 seconds.

I'd also like to break up the classic map types. Usually we have a strafemap early and then combo maps that get harder and harder.

How about a CTF map?
How about an Accuracy map?
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby ihavebadsound » Sep 20th, '13, 2:35 pm

Well there are a lot of players who can do extremely well at 60 second maps with nades (dfwc round 6). Aggravation insensitivity usually comes with being good at defrag. I don't know of any trick jumpers who could outstrafe dex on a 15 second map but can't handle a 60 second map.

And imo you don't have to be really creative with mapping to showcase the skill of the players. Tossing a player a tough map and them doing very well on it is good enough, at least for the mapping time constraints you have.

Again i'm nobody but that is my six cents.
ihavebadsound

Postby AMT|spray » Sep 20th, '13, 3:30 pm

HK i already told you, it's ment to be in next dfwc so don't worry, maybe I can add/delete some stuff (design side), gameplay stays the same.

So you have already 1 map :)
AMT|spray

Postby sjuk » Nov 14th, '13, 1:22 am

Maybe some kind of announcement should be done that fresh maps are needed, sweet new siteoon; that dfwc2014 will actually happen - skipping one year only makes the event more pro-olympic (not para-reta.. :character-grover: i hope )
And let's not limit our dear creators with desirable routine list on 6 rounds (length/weaps)
As from my side.. sleuth went to ferret belorussian Predeater and russian beardy black shadows..
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Previous