Board index DeFRaG Competitions

SDC-UK

Show them you are really the best

Re: SDC-UK

Postby esc?nebuLa » Apr 14th, '15, 3:35 pm

For people that have problems seeing the trigger in the sky on 02, disable fastsky: r_fastsky 0.

Also, there are ecel textures/shaders missing, and I've found that the map comic_strafe fixes the issue.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby W65B61S » Apr 18th, '15, 8:31 pm

Second map is too hard! :(
W65B61S

SDC-UK_03 start!

Postby nLxajA » Apr 20th, '15, 1:22 pm

SDC-UK_03
Start: 20.04.2015
End: 26.04.2015 23:59 GMT
Map: sdc-uk_03
Author: Pred
Upload: aurum.defrag@gmail.com
Rules: here
Second round is over and now we go ahead with 3rd map based on a proper old school way made by ImagePred. In my opinion this short map has a great flow; lots of weapon players will love it. Enjoy and looking forward to see another bunch of great demos.
GL & HF!

Any queries, ideas, complains or just questions please don't hesitate to contact me or use guestbook.

Do not pack your demo to .zip or .rar, just send it with dm_68 ending.
Also check the deadline you can send your demos until to avoid any problem with upload!

Image<[fps]aurum> (c)
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
All defrag maps repack! <- very useful! Highly recommended!
nLxajA

Postby nLxajA » Apr 20th, '15, 2:06 pm

esc?nebuLa wrote:Will there be any overall points/standings? Is this just a casual competition?

Taken from the aurum guestbook:
aurum wrote:Pointing system as follows: 1st get 10 points, -1, -1, -1, 10th gets 1 point. Whoever bellow - 0 points.
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
nLxajA

Postby esc?nebuLa » Apr 20th, '15, 2:56 pm

Thank you, sir! I didn't send cpm for 02 because I couldn't find a route faster than vq3. xD Hopefully, there will be some crazy demos when results are posted. 02 was a decent :think: map, regardless of minor issues with spacing and textures.

Nice job with 03, pred. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I just noticed the hook. Well played :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Re: UPCOMING COMPETITION!

Postby Exkalibur » Apr 20th, '15, 7:05 pm

I just wanted to say congratulation to bazz and especially neb;)
Very curious about your Route... Gonna check tonight:)

Greetz

/moved by muckster

EDIT: nice demos :)
nice first rocket there neb ;)

btw, i think 03 is too time consuming for me...
gg all
Exkalibur

SDC-UK_02 results

Postby nLxajA » Apr 20th, '15, 8:06 pm

SDC-UK_02 Finished!
VQ3 - 1st - Image nebuLa - 20.968
CPM - 1st - Image Bazz - 18.584
Full results HERE
All SDC-UK_02 demos in one archive HERE
nLxajA

Postby >luci< » Apr 23rd, '15, 4:50 am

I really enjoy this comp and support the hard work. But also, if my demo is no valid for whatever reason, it would be nice to recive an email back like "hey! your demo have some issue agains the rules" instead of waiting til the end and appearing into the list of shame(no valid demos list) :cry:
>luci<

Postby Exkalibur » Apr 23rd, '15, 3:09 pm

did you exec the rules.cfg beforehand?
but yeah a reply would be great, if the demo wont be accepted for whatever reason..
but I can only see the work the admin has to do by constantly checking all the demos which are coming in...
Exkalibur

Postby nLxajA » Apr 23rd, '15, 3:53 pm

>luci< wrote:I really enjoy this comp and support the hard work. But also, if my demo is no valid for whatever reason, it would be nice to recive an email back like "hey! your demo have some issue agains the rules" instead of waiting til the end and appearing into the list of shame(no valid demos list) :cry:

This will require a lot of time from the admin. Routine, for nothing...
Best decition is use automatic demo validation, like on DFWC, when you have report about incorrect settings right after upload.
Michael[RD] did this work for DFWC.
nLxajA

PreviousNext