Board index DeFRaG Competitions

SDC-UK

Show them you are really the best

Re: SDC-UK

Postby KeT » Jul 1st, '15, 6:00 am

Very easy to overjump at start just like on map12.
Bad flow at first half of the middle pad parts.
Wait time at the ceiling trigger.
Don't like the huge falling part, even half height would be far enough.
KeT

Postby R1chu5 » Jul 1st, '15, 10:41 pm

KeT wrote:Very easy to overjump at start just like on map12.
Bad flow at first half of the middle pad parts.
Wait time at the ceiling trigger.
Don't like the huge falling part, even half height would be far enough.

Alright, i see your point. Well, i am sorry that you had a bad experience with this map. I really tried my best to make a good map which would be fun to play again and again and would look great too. It's been a long time from my last map and i lost my skills as i'm not playing Defrag everyday as before. What's done is done, i can't go back in time to make any adjustments. Maybe it is a disaster, but maybe someone likes it as much as i do :) Anyway, thanks for your time to point out which parts you don't like, i appreciate it.
R1chu5

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jul 3rd, '15, 12:27 pm

I agree with Ket. Really, the only major problem in this map is the slow ceiling lift. The teleported walls and fall time is manageable. I've found a consistent route in both physics, so that's all that matters. It's not horrible, just needs a few fixes.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jul 3rd, '15, 12:31 pm

Btw, I meant to post these earlier. A few alternate routes.

On sdc-uk_11, you can ground boost on the invisible floor. There's no time advantage with these routes though. (Except maybe for the water ob.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
esc?nebuLa

SDC-UK_06 results

Postby nLxajA » Jul 8th, '15, 11:57 am

SDC-UK_06 Finished!

"Image esc?nebuLa smashing up both physics again, but well done to him with nice times as well and all I can say is that this guy has still lots of skill! If more of you would've sent demo, the results could've been a bit different!

Thanks." Image<[fps]aurum> (c)

VQ3 - 1st - Image nebuLa - 55.536
CPM - 1st - Image nebuLa - 48.464
Full results HERE
All SDC-UK_06 demos in one archive HERE
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
All defrag maps repack! <- very useful! Highly recommended!
nLxajA

SDC-UK_13 start!

Postby nLxajA » Jul 8th, '15, 12:01 pm

SDC-UK_13
Start: 06.07.2015
End: 12.07.2015 23:59 GMT+1
Map: sdc-uk_13
Author: n1k
Upload: aurum.defrag@gmail.com
Rules: here
6th round's over so that means the next map is an awesome project from famous and favorite mapper/player Image n1k. The original idea was to put as 13th map from Image n1k the map named geto which is really popular to playing online. However I already had a rocket run from Image R1chu5, we decided to make something else. I hope this map will wake you up before final standings!
GL & HF to all of you!

As we can see, I'm receiving less and less demos every week, only couple of players are sending their demos on a regular basis which is shame and I'm a bit sad and disappointed. Some of you told me, the comp lasts too long and can't be bothered to play and grind it every week. That's true and I should have noticed that coz 14 maps is just too much. However, at least 80-90% of all of you are playing online daily so playing current round for 30 minutes a day and at the end of the week send a demo to my email can not be that hard. I was really happy and thrilled to see 60-70 demos in first 3-4 rounds, after that it started to be worse and worse. So please, don't be scared to send your demo as you are not scared to log in online and got like 76th best time after 5 hours of play. I thought a comp like this will wake all of you up, it did only for 3-4 weeks. If I ever will do any other comp again, it'll be a bit different with not more than 6 maps [I promise], better testing [you should admit every map is an original project, so even bad spacing is unique], possible online demos, different pointing system and, maybe, some donate cash prize as well similar to hangtime comp!
That's it so don't forget to send your demo to the email provided! ;-)

Any queries, ideas, complains or just questions please don't hesitate to contact me or use guestbook.

Do not pack your demo to .zip or .rar, just send it with dm_68 ending.
Also check the deadline you can send your demos until to avoid any problem with upload!

Image<[fps]aurum> (c)
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
nLxajA

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jul 8th, '15, 12:51 pm

Honestly, gg to Enter. Totally missed that shortcut.
esc?nebuLa

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jul 8th, '15, 5:26 pm

A fun trick to do on 06.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
esc?nebuLa

SDC-UK_13 results

Postby nLxajA » Jul 21st, '15, 9:33 am

SDC-UK_13 Finished!

"A great performance by Image Strangeland in both physics, however cpm demo is not as nice as it should be, but vq3 is completely brutal. Great play!" Image<[fps]aurum> (c)

VQ3 - 1st - Image Strangeland - 30.256
CPM - 1st - Image Strangeland - 28.632
Full results HERE
All SDC-UK_13 demos in one archive HERE
nLxajA

SDC-UK_14 start! Final round

Postby nLxajA » Jul 21st, '15, 9:38 am

SDC-UK_14
Start: 06.07.2015
End: 12.07.2015 23:59 GMT+1
Map: sdc-uk_14
Author: n1k
Upload: aurum.defrag@gmail.com
Rules: here
I have to admit, guys, I received lots of demos in 13th round, you made my day! Maybe I forced you to send it or you just liked the map, either way I'm happy and thanks so much. We go ahead with FINAL ROUND made by amazing and maybe a bit crazy mapper regarding his big maps - Image W65B61S. This map seems to be the hardest one out of all 14 maps so to be honest I'm not expecting lots of demos as it's a bit tricky to pass it to finish, mainly in vq3. You might moan about map and everything, but this map has been tested well and been re-done couple of times. I've no idea what you guys will be thinking about this map but for me definitely top map of this SDC-UK competition! GL & HF to all of you!

For your information guys, after this round will be an OVERALL RESULTS of SDC-UK competition. I will release another card in menu with overall results, so stay on and try to get all your skill to this map and send your best demo!

Any queries, ideas, complains or just questions please don't hesitate to contact me or use guestbook.

Do not pack your demo to .zip or .rar, just send it with dm_68 ending.
Also check the deadline you can send your demos until to avoid any problem with upload!

Image<[fps]aurum> (c)
nLxajA

PreviousNext