Re: DFWC should be strafe only

Postby RetroHelix » Jan 3rd, '15, 9:28 pm

wubwub wrote:everyones dumb

word

PS. strafe only sucks
RetroHelix

Postby Duck-meat » Jan 4th, '15, 6:25 pm

Warm-up as strafe only is fine, but remaining maps should be combination of strafe + weapons.

Naturally, this tends to prevent noobs like myself from seriously participating, but the focus should be on overall range of abilities. Strafing is the entry fee in df; well-rounded players will be able to strafe and use weapons.

Creativity and route options are multiplied when weapons are used. Also, the best players may not participate if they only have strafe maps to look forward to.
Duck-meat

Postby raack » Jan 6th, '15, 7:11 pm

My perspective that the DFWC should test all the skills and abilities of the competitors. Strafe-only seems much too limited for a competition of this magnitude.

If there is a demand for it, maybe consider organizing separate strafe and weapons competitions. But as for DFWC, I think it needs to be comprehensive in a way that will test/expose player strengths and weaknesses.

If you share my perspective, then the real question becomes "how of the competition should be focused on weapons vs strafing?" To that, I would say we need a little bit more balance.
raack

Postby skyhighguy » Feb 29th, '16, 6:30 am

The current DFWC setup severely restricts a wide variety of players who would compete if certain gametypes were available. Bot/Script competition, Strafe only, Rocket only, combination maps... if we were to have at least 3-4 total sections im pretty confident many more players would participate.
skyhighguy

Postby TittenIgnition » Feb 29th, '16, 2:06 pm

Wrong, if we had multiple categories then nobody would compete because we would never get enough maps.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby wubwub » Feb 29th, '16, 2:31 pm

skyhighguy wrote:The current DFWC setup severely restricts a wide variety of players who would compete if certain gametypes were available. Bot/Script competition, Strafe only, Rocket only, combination maps... if we were to have at least 3-4 total sections im pretty confident many more players would participate.

the problem is generating the sheer amount of maps you're alluding to, and apparently without anyone to run the show this year as hk is busy (i assume) and gnj's brain killed itself after the stress fun of last time
wubwub

Postby legit » Jun 22nd, '16, 1:10 pm

I vote for a spr-maps-only-Dfwc.
:whistle:
legit

Postby Timothy » Jun 22nd, '16, 3:21 pm

Guns kill people.

Ban weapons.
Timothy