Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

Cant log in, no matter which client [x86_64 Linux]

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

Cant log in, no matter which client [x86_64 Linux]

Postby freddiaN » Jun 1st, '17, 7:50 pm

Hello,

every time I try to login on one of your servers, I just get nothing as an output and when I cross the finish line, it says that I am not logged in. This happens on dfengine, iodfe (which I am currently using) and q3e (an engine mainly made with CPMA in mind, but completly fine for Defrag as well (could be added to approved engines...). The login worked the first time I did it (on q3e), but since that, just nothing happens.

Has anyone an explanation for that?
freddiaN

Re: Cant log in, no matter which client [x86_64 Linux]

Postby haste » Jun 2nd, '17, 10:16 am

have you bound a key to login? you will need to press it every time you join a server. to bind it, type this in console:

Code: Select all
/bind x "login <username> <password>"

the username and password are your q3df.org website login details.

this will mean every time you press the 'x' key, you should login. if it doesn't work, the details are probably incorrect.

if you already bound it in q3e, it's possible that the config file that q3e uses is not the same as the other engines, so you may need to bind it again for the other engine(s).

if the bind isn't saving, type this after binding it:

Code: Select all
/writeconfig autoexec.cfg
haste

Re: Cant log in, no matter which client [x86_64 Linux]

Postby freddiaN » Jun 2nd, '17, 4:03 pm

OK, I just found out what the problem is: /login doesn't work, it literally doesn't seem to do anything. just typing "login username password" (like you would write a message in the console) does work tho, since it also puts out "Wrong username or password!" if I type something wrong.

Also, every q3 config on Linux lands in ~/.q3a/<mod>/, so it wouldn't be a problem with q3e...
freddiaN