Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

Lets make Defrag great again!

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

Re: Lets make Defrag great again!

Postby Delete » Feb 2nd, '17, 6:33 pm

let's go yotoon, great idea!
Delete

Postby bibi » Feb 2nd, '17, 6:34 pm

I want yotoon to be the trusted guy
bibi

Postby rOOt » Feb 2nd, '17, 6:42 pm

Yes please! Since current admins have no interest in improving the current state of defrag I see no reason why shouldn't they let some obviously good-willed and talented longtime active developers/defragers take it over. Let's make defrag great again! :violin: :dance: :ugeek: :clap:
rOOt

Postby [DF]yotoon » Feb 2nd, '17, 6:47 pm

OK guys, update time:
- I have access to the repository thats hosts the q3df.org website. I knew i have some sort of access but I thought the repository is depracated and old.
- I can make changes to the code BUT those changes are not visible until hk/nightmare approves and make them "live".
- I've created a new repository for the new website. Unfortunately only hk/nm can create user accounts for the q3df website repos.
- I won't make any changes to the current website. I'd rather focus on the new q3df.org (unless its a critical bug or smth and it has to be approved by hk/nm anyways)
- the only thing im missing is read-only access to the database so I can tailor the website to the current database (and make some changes if needed).

It's looking promising guys. I'll start tomorrow but I can work on the website only 1-2 hours a day. Hopefully hk/nm will respond and we can move this website forward. :)
[DF]yotoon

Postby ProxBz » Feb 2nd, '17, 7:46 pm

Sounds like a great idea! :clap: :clap: :clap:
ProxBz

Postby chicken » Feb 2nd, '17, 10:00 pm

hi,

yotoon you have already access to our repository of our website i can not publish the code due to copyright but you can modifie all parts of the website ...

currenlty you have over a year access to the repository but i dont see any changes that come in and i have no email or something else to get in contact with me so we can talk over your plans to contribute to q3df.org website...

We also grant marky access to both versions of recordsystem that is connected with the website so if the community is really be intrest in pushing again forward than lets do it together.

What i dont want is to sell the domain because of private use lots of years but i can grant you to deploy the website to production we can automate all these things ...

I think the hosting/infrastructure should stay by us there nothing to pay or something and we have massive on cpu power + space for eg. ws.q3df.org ;)

I am currently not active in irc or on any defrag server because of private time with my family and my workplace so i dont have time to develop new feature or bugs in my spare time but i will checking my emails and the repositories (gitlab) if i know there are a active community that will bring some fresh air to the project...

yooton please contact me via email i dont know in wich timezone you life...
chicken
Site Admin

Postby lith » Feb 2nd, '17, 10:24 pm

Niceeeee. 8-) :gay-imgay:

TROPHIES!
-l1th-
lith

Postby qordis » Feb 2nd, '17, 10:42 pm

Jo'toon ... you have the full blessing and support of this Certified Professional Strafist... Good luck, and may the Force be with you..
He pulls his zipper down to reveal his erecting penis underneath his underwear. He pulls down his boxers inside his pants and pulls back the folds of the unzipped triangles. He jerks off as he stares at the t-girl's breasts. Fwap Fwap. Her pussy juices leak out of her boipussy and fill a puddle on the blankets. Her dick is hard as a rock. Fwap Fwap. Her little moans as she breathes. Fwap Fwap.

His dick throb's and his semen spray's onto the ceiling inside the van.
qordis

Postby Jake_The_Peg » Feb 2nd, '17, 11:32 pm

I firmly support the idea.

However... aand correct me if I'm mistaken, pls... I don't quite see, how changing the DB's and thereabouts would somehow significantly improve matters...?
I mean it surely would be nice to be able to manage your game stats online... like for instance... to be able to call similar stats on q3df.org like you can ingame, like player stats, aliases and suchlike... or even one's timehistory on a map ... or even the more intricate stuff like the ability to DEL one's time on some map, if one so chose... or even having the servers' ingame chat somehow available online in irc style or something... All those could surely be possible with modding the server client, sure...

... but isn't the trouble of this game... more app-wise?
Like for instance ... after about dozen years of predominantly russian players' activity.. to finally give them the ability of saying "дерьмовый" out loud? :)
and that's only the start... there's for instance the adoption of say "+respawn" instead of "+kill" ... w8... "+attack" ...
or .. in fact having the engine Inclined to speedrunnin.. which may involve advanced timer management, adding personal timers to a map which hasn't got any...

... or even brand new mods like the GPL's golf, or my ideas of ... say contdown timers or countdown jumpcounter ... or any of the number of ideas one can develop, if one sees the game as a predominantly speed/time game rather than a d/m platform...?

and THIS ... is neither <hk> nor the <df.org> ... struggle... or is it?
Jake_The_Peg

Postby chicken » Feb 2nd, '17, 11:41 pm

i am opensourced the recordsystem2 that's not the currently running system but a new version i have developed in my spare time and nobody else contribute...

its quite alpha but the logins are running and a kind of test implementation of the server records thats sends from the client (proxymod) to the server daemon currently not saved to database. If someone have experience to c++ and have fun to check the source we can bring this project forward again to replace the old legathy recordsystem...

i will update the readme in the next days so there are some information about the infrastructure of this new recordsystem.

Here is the link for the git repository:
https://gitlab.q3df.org/megadaddeln/recordsystem2
i can also make a copy to github
chicken
Site Admin

PreviousNext