Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

q3ctf4: vq3-ctf1

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

q3ctf4: vq3-ctf1

Postby jas390 » May 6th, '14, 11:12 pm

A question to anyone who can answer, and a suggestion to the records boaard, if applicable.

Why isn't there a vq3-ctf1 ranking chart for the map q3ctf4? Shouldn't there be one?
Am I getting my definition of vq3-ctf1 wrong? Tell me what it is in detail, so I can be sure.

I have been running the map in vq3 no weapons mode (gaunt and mg only), and I was wondering why there is no category vq3-ctf1. Is it because people just don't care enough, don't think it is worth it? Is it because it is impossible based on a set of rules I somehow missed?

please, someone explain where I have gone wrong, if I have, or why these things be how they are.

jas390
jas390

Re: q3ctf4: vq3-ctf1

Postby [NOOB]Z0RN » May 7th, '14, 4:53 pm

Hi,

ctf1 is no weapon, no map object (so no jumppad, no tele, etc.)

You probably played it in ctf3 (no weapon, map objects)
[NOOB]Z0RN

Postby <hk> » May 8th, '14, 12:22 pm

You can set a record anytime and it will be displayed.
I recall seeing a vq31 q3ctf4 run at one time. The player hits the slopes so hard it pushes him up onto the platform.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby jas390 » May 20th, '14, 10:58 pm

wait... why aren't jump pads allowed? they launch players at the same velocity, always, and they are part of the map anyway. I can see why rl and other propellant player-carried tools aren't allowed, but a jump pad is part of the map and never changes.

one other thing: what is zz_defrag_media and why can't quake download it? every time i try to connect to any df server, it gives me a ...downloading... message, and this thing called zz_defrag_media appears, and the download never works, it just sits there at 0/0 mb.
jas390

Postby <hk> » May 21st, '14, 10:39 am

jas390 wrote:wait... why aren't jump pads allowed? they launch players at the same velocity, always, and they are part of the map anyway. I can see why rl and other propellant player-carried tools aren't allowed, but a jump pad is part of the map and never changes.

That's how the defrag developed the modes years ago. There are all kinds of combinations of weapons and telepoters/jumppads in the higher modes. Mode 1 however is no weapons, no teleporters/jumppads

jas390 wrote:one other thing: what is zz_defrag_media and why can't quake download it? every time i try to connect to any df server, it gives me a ...downloading... message, and this thing called zz_defrag_media appears, and the download never works, it just sits there at 0/0 mb.

That's a common problem. The solution is described in Q1 through Q3.
http://q3df.org/wiki?p=14
I am currently writing a new "getting started" guide for windows so it will be more obvious to find.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7