Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

New site looks awesome! Now here are a few gripes.

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

New site looks awesome! Now here are a few gripes.

Postby mrm » Jan 6th, '13, 12:51 am

1. It would be nice if the usernames in the Serverlist and Records sections were desaturated because they currently give me an aneurism. I don't mean to remove the color from them entirely, since I understand the value of customizing your name. I mean to remove some color from them. Reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13348129/using-native-javascript-to-desaturate-a-colour
  2. Second, the semi-opaque black background of the page should be more opaque, if not completely opaque. I understand the visual appeal of having the nice-looking Defrag maps show through, and I realize I can still read the text. The trouble is that it is tiring for the eyes, and makes it a lot harder to speed-read because of all the noise. For example, I much prefer reading text on this forum because the background is plain.
  3. Lastly, many of the site's margins are very tall! On http://q3df.org/pinboard, the actual comments begin like half way down my screen (when logged in). I'd rather have the content a little tighter.

Also, this is less important so I didn't include it in my list, but the vertical lines between each row of servers on http://q3df.org/serverlist give the appearance of a logical separation between each row of servers (as though they were part of different categories) when in fact it is just a long list of servers. I don't think the lines are necessary. That's more of a design preference though.

Cheers, and thanks for all the change you effect for Defrag!
mrm

Re: New site looks awesome! Now here are a few gripes.

Postby Keyser » Jan 6th, '13, 1:28 am

Map names in the serverlist are very hard to notice and actually hard to read. Tiny, italicized blue text that's buried in there. Even the "Best Time" heading pops much better, when what I actually want to see is the map name.
Keyser

Postby [fps]Mntr » Jan 6th, '13, 10:15 am

please, please, please add the server physics somewhere, im tired of guessing physics by the best time shown on serverlist page.
Also, return feature that allows to sort player recs by the date/time/rank etc.
[fps]Mntr

Postby <)Ghost(> » Jan 6th, '13, 12:25 pm

not much difference in map info and download links in serverlist tab...

map info is fine, the 'download map' should link directly to file download, instead of a link to the mapinfo/download page
<)Ghost(>

Postby $$-albion » Jan 6th, '13, 5:38 pm

<)Ghost(> wrote:not much difference in map info and download links in serverlist tab...

map info is fine, the 'download map' should link directly to file download, instead of a link to the mapinfo/download page

Aren't there 2 buttons? One for the mapinfo page and the other for a direct download (the cloud button).
$$-albion

Postby <)Ghost(> » Jan 6th, '13, 10:03 pm

$$-albion wrote:
<)Ghost(> wrote:not much difference in map info and download links in serverlist tab...

Aren't there 2 buttons? One for the mapinfo page and the other for a direct download (the cloud button).

yes, seems it has been fixed.
<)Ghost(>

Postby RaneFire » Jan 6th, '13, 11:43 pm

-Serverlist:
Some map names are a bit long and it looks weird having them cut in half. It was working well the old way with them above the map preview picture and I don't think it needs fixing (Can put it below if you want).

I also like stalking people so I miss that "logged in padlock symbol" link to profile thingy.

Additional
-Records page:
Would be nice to select how many records I want to see per page.

Meanwhile, I do appreciate being able to use a .png on my profile now.
RaneFire

Postby <)Ghost(> » Jan 7th, '13, 12:18 am

<)Ghost(>

Postby Arcaon » Jan 8th, '13, 11:37 am

Arcaon

Postby Arcaon » Jan 8th, '13, 11:47 am

Also, you can't have pinboard message info/usernames/avatars after the posts. Most annoying GUI feature of them all!
Arcaon

Next