Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

AwardSystem

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

AwardSystem

Postby Rust7 » Apr 10th, '12, 10:28 am

I've seen such thing in some games ( example: q3 mode warsow, QLIVE, half-life 2DM TSGK servers, etc. ) - and its a very cool thing, because people play more via this system.
We can call it Achievments also. So is it possible to do such things in the future, across the mDd's servers, and database, system :?: :think:

Example:
- The Most Records On a Single Day ( +1 "Daily Runner" Award )
Awards like this will be always seeable in a person's profile. Near the award's special icon, a coutner which show, how many times he accumlated this award.

Or another example:
- An exact number of 1st places.
- 50 1st rank - "Who's Your Daddy?" - Award
- 100 1st rank - "I'am The Lord" - Award
- 250 1st rank - "Quarter-Thousand" - Award
- 500 1st rank - "True Runner" - Award
- etc.
These are changing awards, because times are beatable, but if a player have 1st rank times equal or higher than 50, he get the first award.

Also awards which should called "Global" or "Standing" or "Career" awards.
Example:
- 100 records - "My Hundred"
- 250 records - "250 is my codename"
- 500 records - "500 is awesome!"
- 1000 records - "Thousand Run"
- 2500 records - "I'am getting further!"

Names are just made by me, its not the point now.

Also if you finish on podium in each of the breakdown.hq competitions, you can gain extra awards, like:
- Golden Competition Gladiator ( a 1st rank on a breakdown.hq competition's run )
- Silver Competition Gladiator ( a 2nd rank on a breakdown.hq competition's run )
- Bronze Competition Gladiator ( a 3rd rank on a breakdown.hq competition's run )

These awards also stay forever in a player's profile.
And also for winning a DFWC (final points):
- Defrag Legend ( Winner of a DFWC )
- Defrag Baron ( 2nd place of a DFWC )
- Defrag Lord ( 3rd place of a DFWC )

Also, mybe seperated awards here for both psyhics.
I mean example:
- "Defrag Legend (CPM)"
- "Defrag Legend (VQ3)"

Mybe there can be more and more awards created. I've just writed my ideas down, and waiting for a lot of comments about this stuff. Maybe it will be possible one day, that we fightning for daily awards, special awards, competition awards, and secret awards, etc.
:dance:
Rust7

Re: AwardSystem

Postby amt-morbus » Apr 10th, '12, 4:29 pm

I totally agree with you! Such a reward system encourages!
amt-morbus

Postby wubwub » Apr 10th, '12, 6:01 pm

infinity cpm strafe #1's: the javla arcaon award

only logging in when you get a decent rank: the mvn_ award (co-sanctioned by javla arcaon)
wubwub

Postby yourGn » Apr 16th, '12, 10:57 pm

Cool idea in my opinion. Perhaps at least few awards on medium level would be good. Not every day and not everyone can win DFWC...
yourGn

Postby Rust7 » Apr 17th, '12, 2:51 pm

yourGn wrote:Cool idea in my opinion. Perhaps at least few awards on medium level would be good. Not every day and not everyone can win DFWC...

Indeed. 8-)
Rust7

Postby <hk> » Apr 17th, '12, 7:48 pm

This is not a new Idea. Actually we discussed it internally some years back.
A very old website of NM's making had a very good avard system.

Anyway, the idea was discarded due to the extreme Maintenance effort one has to put into this.
If there were awards then there has to be a script that generates random challanges like "improve your time on pplasma3 by 10%" to get points.
Simply stacking up 1st ranks and average ranks is the ELO-System all over again.

Well, we have neither the Graphics, nor the code, nor the manpower to maintain such a system.
I can barely keep the servers up to date.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Rust7 » Apr 17th, '12, 8:44 pm

<hk> wrote:This is not a new Idea. Actually we discussed it internally some years back.

Anyway, the idea was discarded due to the extreme Maintenance effort one has to put into this.
If there were awards then there has to be a script that generates random challanges like "improve your time on pplasma3 by 10%" to get points.
Simply stacking up 1st ranks and average ranks is the ELO-System all over again.

Well, we have neither the Graphics, nor the code, nor the manpower to maintain such a system.

About that! What should i do, if i want to support the community with a server?
Btw i likes your idea "improve your time on pplasma3 by 10%" - but to code such thing is rly big effort.
Rust7

AwardSystem

Postby Rust7 » Aug 4th, '13, 7:49 pm

Hey guys! :idea:
I dunno how is this "project" or stuff going, but i want to share with you some medals, as ideas ( text and pictures also ) by me.
Medals are not fix stats showed to each player, which means, if u reach example 100 rank1 record awards ( you will se the picture for 100rank1 ), but then somebody breaks you on a map, and you drop back to 99 rank1 record, you lose to see that picture, and then the picture of 50 rank1 will be active. Only works with LOGGED accounts! Check it out and tell me what u think: Ty: Rusty! :dance: 8-)

CPM Podium ( Rank 1 or 2 or 3 CPM Record ):

CPM Rank1 ( Rank1 CPM Record ):

CPM Records ( Any CPM Record ):

VQ3 Podium ( Rank 1 or 2 or 3 VQ3 Record ):

VQ3 Rank1 ( Rank1 VQ3 Record ):

VQ3 Records ( Any VQ3 Record ):

Fastcap Podium ( Fastcap Rank 1 or 2 or 3 - Both Physics ):

Fastcap Rank1 ( Both Physics Fastcap Rank 1 Records ):

Fastcap Records ( Any Fastcap Record - Both Physics ):

Podiums ( Any Kind of Physics/Mode Podiums ):

Rank1 ( Any Kind of Physics/Mode Rank 1 ):

Records ( Any Kind of Record ):

Game Time ( Time Played Online With Player Account ( Hours )):
Rust7

Postby Rust7 » Aug 5th, '13, 8:08 am

<hk> wrote:This is not a new Idea. Actually we discussed it internally some years back.

Well, i get your point of view, but we don't have to instantly make the mega-award system. We can start it in little, just like adding example: the medals i made. Or even less and easier type of those, similar stuffs. Little improvement is also good, and yea - i get the part that someone has to code this whole stuff, well i hope someday - somebody will be in the mood to make such effort for the community, and for the greater good in defrag! :geek:
Rust7