Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

The Record Database was hacked....

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

The Record Database was hacked....

Postby [+--..] » Nov 12th, '17, 6:49 pm

Im afraid to see some guys hacked the SQL-DB of the records. More afraid its discussed on the pinboard and nobody really seems to care of this violation.

https://q3df.org/records/details?map=palmslane
https://q3df.org/records/details?map=dontdodrugs1
https://imgur.com/a/PJiny

Manipulating the record base kills the game totally.

Please dear admins, do something.
The hacking was done by the following accounts:

* khetti
* OptionalBob
* backwhen
* XPC32
* XPCTester

I please you to remove the manipulated times, also a ban of those accounts should be done for such an action. This is unbelievable...
for justice.... all times of those accounts should be removed.
Last edited by [+--..] on Nov 14th, '17, 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[+--..]

Postby dUDAK_mURAK » Nov 12th, '17, 6:59 pm

Last edited by dUDAK_mURAK on Feb 1st, '18, 5:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
dUDAK_mURAK

Re: The Record Database was hacked....

Postby XPC32 » Nov 13th, '17, 1:22 am

Do you guys ever read lmao? :?:
A good portion of these questions were prolly answered in the pinboard. Anyways, the user backwhen was not involved in this at all whatsoever.
HK is aware of the issue.
I will reiterate whatever answers you couldnt bother reading from the damn pinboard post in a bit.

EDIT: Do I ever bother to read? :?:
Last edited by XPC32 on Nov 13th, '17, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
bewarned ! i am a noob !
XPC32

Postby dUDAK_mURAK » Nov 13th, '17, 2:49 am

Last edited by dUDAK_mURAK on Feb 1st, '18, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
dUDAK_mURAK

Postby XPC32 » Nov 13th, '17, 2:53 am

dUDAK_mURAK wrote:This was written Nov 12th, '17, 6:59 pm.

You replied @Nov 12th, '17, 19:37 on pinboard.

Indeed. I am the stupid idiot who cant read XD
bewarned ! i am a noob !
XPC32

Postby dUDAK_mURAK » Nov 13th, '17, 3:05 am

Last edited by dUDAK_mURAK on Feb 1st, '18, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
dUDAK_mURAK

Postby XPC32 » Nov 13th, '17, 4:19 am

dUDAK_mURAK wrote:Thanks for clarifying what was going on with the database though and next time you guys test an exploit try to be more discrete, imagine how awkward it is if it's not an easy fix or has no immediate solution, other people might find it ;(

Usually good to test 1 or 2 times, not 10-15 (;

And you are not dumb man we love ya defragger

Under most circumstances, we are discrete enough. We have found and reported bugs regarding the mdd servers discretely before. This time it was partially not our fault that we weren't discreet. Nor was it partially our fault that it logged a hella lotta times. Most of the tries were due to the initially seeming random factor of the bug, and another significant chunk of it was us trying to eliminate the randomness to be able to consistently reproduce the bug. Of course, I am not going to deny that some of us had a bit of fun with the bug that day. However, it was mostly good natured fun though.. If you noticed we mostly used fake map(s), and fake modes that will not disrupt the official rankings. Then there was palmslane... (what can we do? OptionalBob was just too godly) :P

Anyways, even before you guys started to bring the issues (mostly non-intrusive ones -- excluding palmslane) we caused to light, we had messaged hk regarding the problem, how to revert our foolish attempts, and possible reasons and ways to fix the problem. In my opinion, the way we acted was quite responsible. This is more than I can say for some people who were faced with similar situations.

If you guys want our accounts banned, sure go ahead and tell the admins to do so. We very well knew that this may be a consequence. But, please make sure not to delete backwhen's account cause that poor soul had nothing to do with this apart from having bad luck :P
bewarned ! i am a noob !
XPC32