Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Lessons Learned

Re: Lessons Learned

Postby doc- » Nov 3rd, '12, 2:51 pm

Thank you.
doc-

Postby BerserK » Nov 3rd, '12, 3:58 pm

I tell you why is this "point system" bad. Look, you have your dfwc fancy maps. Fancy (frustrating) maps which we can name as "no fun maps" with terrible game-play. Show me player who came to play dfwc just like that. Show me one player who doesn't play for good time. Everybody has ambition for good place. Even defrag motto is "Are you really the best?". If you put this point system into work you will FORCE people to play what they don't want to play = you destroy whole fun and passion. Most of players aren't teenagers like we were before years and have plenty of time. Now we can calculate: "Okay 64 players will pass so I need to do this time to get through on this pain-in-ass map.". If somebody wants to win this round, so be it - it's his own decision. It's just good for him to presents himself and achieve that he will be in DFWC movie. But it's up to him to get to the next round. Nobody force anybody to play frustrating map and strictly win every round or few times you can be 2nd(by your point system). You only need to survive to finals and then show your best. People play because they want to. But because of your or Arcaon's point system they must. :snooty:

I still think that Arcaon came with this because he wants to secure 1st place. With this point system I can tell you the winners right now: vq3 - DeX, cpm- Arcaon, teams - Oldskul(DeX,glm). So for next DFWC you can just give maps to these players to do times.

:naughty:

ALIEN. I will respect the winners of last round and boycott Arcaon's system. No matter if Arcaon will finish first or 3rd like it was in last DFWC.

Now 3rd map is out.(Didn't play yet, but enough players already wrote me about the map qualities.) And guess what? Just another brick in the wall consist of 2 bricks yet .Wall of shame 3/3. And you came with this system...
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby uN*DeaD|grisly » Nov 3rd, '12, 4:07 pm

This system is crap crap idea. Only game on the flight! DFWC an already messed up worse than ever. DFWC worst of all. RANDOM OB at 1/5 of all the players. They have to clean up. Total for the next card will vq3 70 people
uN*DeaD|grisly

Postby Timothy » Nov 3rd, '12, 4:16 pm

ITT butthurt Russians.
I approve of this system, much better than 'last map wins all'.
Why not include round 1 though?
Timothy

Postby AL!EN » Nov 3rd, '12, 4:21 pm

The only crap idea was "be the last one in all previous maps but win last map to be the winner!" :lol:
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby Timothy » Nov 3rd, '12, 4:27 pm

@ Berserk

Maybe next DFWC we should only have 1 map because by your logic there's no point playing any map other than the final.

I can also predict the winners if we do it that way: vq3 - DeX, cpm- Arcaon, teams - Oldskul(DeX,glm).
Last edited by Timothy on Nov 3rd, '12, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timothy

Postby yourGn » Nov 3rd, '12, 4:39 pm

In most sports you get to confront you opponent in the final, so the 'final battle' makes more sense. Here all rounds are a lot alike because of no interaction between the players. Sure this system has flaws, but which one doesn't. Among all I can think of it seems the best. In my opinion the idea of the last round setting final standings is ludicrous.
yourGn

Postby DF/// ifoo » Nov 3rd, '12, 4:58 pm

@berserk:
Your whole post is based on how shitty the maps are.

BerserK wrote:You only need to survive to finals and then show your best. People play because they want to. But because of your or Arcaon's point system they must.

The point system is way better than the -final round win = DFWC win- system, as the latter just shows who is best on this particular last map. Sure the point system has flaws, but ---> i don't want to bring up the endless discussion about that again.

If you want to play a map, play it. If you don't want to play it, don't play it. Nobody forces anyone to play. The only thing you must do --> die.

And if players want to participate in the last few rounds, nobody said they can't play it, just because they are not in the rankings anymore? Sure it's not the same as when you are in the official rankings, but ... there is a reason why one wouldn't be in the official rankings anymore.

BerserK wrote:I still think that Arcaon came with this because he wants to secure 1st place. With this point system I can tell you the winners right now: vq3 - DeX, cpm- Arcaon, teams - Oldskul(DeX,glm).

So? The above mentioned will (most probably) win because they ARE amongst the best, if not even the best. Not because of the point system.

BerserK wrote:So for next DFWC you can just give maps to these players to do times.

Dumbest sentence ever.

BerserK wrote:...

So if you are that frustrated about this years DFWC, go set-up a page yourself, organize EVERYTHING behind the scenes yourself, and create maps yourself. And then let people bitch about it.

And imo you are exactly that kind of person ... a random russian-like who is bitching about it. (no offence ... also i didn't want to imitate w3sp here ^^)

Even if it has its flaws (point system after first round, the AC delays, etc.), i think it's time to thank the organizers.
So kudos to <hk>, Michael_RD, netwalker, nightmare and all the map authors for your work, which you have done in your FREE time without the ambition of gain/profit.
And all other involved persons which i may forgot now (even if I'm not participating).

(For clarification: I don't dislike you, I just think your post was plain nuts.)
DF/// ifoo

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 3rd, '12, 6:25 pm

i'm here to... thank organizers, without whom all dfwc2012 thing would never exist. and then pray for comeback: let the world cup be world cup! is it becoming something like A DEFRAG LEAGUE? we score, and the one scores most wins? come on it's World Cup! not [Sportname] League [Level]! want fairness for the win? didn't the rules bring us fairness? if not, why do we need rules? damn you arcaon, play hard in all rounds! please!
:evil: :D
/cdtu/xas

Postby Arcaon » Nov 3rd, '12, 6:32 pm

/cdtu/xas wrote:damn you arcaon, play hard in all rounds! please! :evil: :D

Is this what it's all about?

I assure you I will play my best in the last round, don't worry!
Arcaon

PreviousNext