Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Rules

Rules

Postby demon0r » Oct 3rd, '12, 1:18 pm

I have one question, what about the shit from attached demo (I mean this gaining speed in the corner at the beginning)? I don't see anything about it in the rules
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
demon0r

Re: Rules

Postby BerserK » Oct 3rd, '12, 1:29 pm

Should be banned long time ago.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby khetti » Oct 4th, '12, 12:29 am

I doubt the dfwc map creators overlooked this, it's easy to prevent.
khetti

Postby Le another black niger » Oct 4th, '12, 4:56 pm

rules, actually?

The only allowed Quake III Arena clients are:
The original Quake III Arena client from idsoftware
The client from the ioquake3 project.
The official defrag client from CGG (dfengine)
The port of dfengine to ioquake3 by nt.run (iodfe)

old dfengine versions provide different physics
idk about ioq3, but some one, compiled without special settings actually alters physics

Quake III Arena has to be patched to the newest version availible from idsoftware.

is it actually needed? just adds some textures :roll:

- "timescale" must be set to "1"
- "sv_cheats" must be set to "0"
- "g_speed" must be set to "320"
- "g_gravity" must be set to "800"
- "g_knockback" must be set to "1000"

are already monitored by defrag, odd

- "pmove_fixed" must be set to "0"

is already turned off by - "g_synchronousClients" must be set to "1", not needed

- "pmove_msec" must be set to "8"

affects only pmove_fixed mode, excess

- "cl_maxpackets" must be set to "125"
- "snaps" must be set to "125"
- "rate" must be set to "25000"

do those actually effect offline demos? i bet no

- "com_maxfps" must be set to "125"

60 to 140 defrag restriction is already fine, excess

It is not allowed to use an overbounce that occours through touching a non-horrizontal surface.

df_ob_killobs 1 is needed then, because too much obs happen on slopes every damn run
using slicked slope or PDM01_Pea_IMPOSTOR-like ramps, these all are about obs
or dfwc2008-0 quick vq3 finish - random slope ob there (not too random tho, randomness depends on skill a lot)

It is not allowed to execute sequence of commands(triggered by software or hardware) that affect physical player behavior using predefined timing and order. (no scripting allowed)

what about mechanical scripts? i want to glue two keyboard keys together to get legit rj bind
actually many people want rj alias, since its not some special timing of physics events or time periods, but simultaneous keys tapping, which strongly depends on devices and bindlist management
Le another black niger

Postby <hk> » Oct 4th, '12, 5:58 pm

ok wrote:
Quake III Arena has to be patched to the newest version availible from idsoftware.

is it actually needed? just adds some textures :roll:

Yes. It is needed. Just patch your shit, ok? Some measure of precision isn't worth the complexity it adds to the rules. I already get questions about obs after jumping because people don't get what is written in the rules already.

ok wrote:
- "timescale" must be set to "1"
- "sv_cheats" must be set to "0"
- "g_speed" must be set to "320"
- "g_gravity" must be set to "800"
- "g_knockback" must be set to "1000"

are already monitored by defrag, odd
- "pmove_fixed" must be set to "0"

is already turned off by - "g_synchronousClients" must be set to "1", not needed

- "pmove_msec" must be set to "8"

affects only pmove_fixed mode, excess
- "com_maxfps" must be set to "125"

60 to 140 defrag restriction is already fine, excess

You are probably right, still a rule nonetheless.

ok wrote:
- "cl_maxpackets" must be set to "125"
- "snaps" must be set to "125"
- "rate" must be set to "25000"

do those actually effect offline demos? i bet no

You are right. It doesn't matter.

ok wrote:
It is not allowed to use an overbounce that occours through touching a non-horrizontal surface.

df_ob_killobs 1 is needed then, because too much obs happen on slopes every damn run
using slicked slope or PDM01_Pea_IMPOSTOR-like ramps, these all are about obs
or dfwc2008-0 quick vq3 finish - random slope ob there (not too random tho, randomness depends on skill a lot)

Not required but useful. However some maps might require intentional bounces. Players would have to switch it on and off all the time.

ok wrote:
It is not allowed to execute sequence of commands(triggered by software or hardware) that affect physical player behavior using predefined timing and order. (no scripting allowed)

what about mechanical scripts? i want to glue two keyboard keys together to get legit rj bind
actually many people want rj alias, since its not some special timing of physics events or time periods, but simultaneous keys tapping, which strongly depends on devices and bindlist management

Smartass.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 4th, '12, 6:03 pm

I hate rocketjump scripts. Ban for eternity.

I've also never understood the whine and concern over pmove, because it IS overruled by g_synch... in 2008, people were DQ'd because they had pmove_fixed 1 with g_synch also on. It was retarded. Fuck stupid rules, and fuck stupid judges.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby BerserK » Oct 5th, '12, 10:56 am

TittenIgnition wrote:It was retarded. Fuck stupid rules, and fuck stupid judges.

What about brainwashed stupid players like you? What is hard to set few things right? Rules are rules, set by competition (probably still the same nearly for 10 years, when 99% players played offline), so you have to obey them.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby kairos » Oct 5th, '12, 7:20 pm

<hk> wrote:
ok wrote:

Smartass.

he isn't exactly wrong, hk
kairos

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 5th, '12, 7:23 pm

BerserK wrote:
TittenIgnition wrote:It was retarded. Fuck stupid rules, and fuck stupid judges.

What about brainwashed stupid players like you? What is hard to set few things right? Rules are rules, set by competition (probably still the same nearly for 10 years, when 99% players played offline), so you have to obey them.

And when the redundancy of the rules only ends up disqualifying legitimate players, it gets to be too much.

(If one of us is brainwashed, it would be you, since you don't see what's wrong with these rules and their enforcement)
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Raz0rblade » Oct 14th, '12, 11:22 am

Its my first time DFWC so just to make sure i get this right an Example: the OB in my demo would not be allowed?

I understand the other rules but the OB stuff seems stupid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raz0rblade

Next