Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Bot Competition

Re: Bot Competition

Postby ZeeL » Jan 17th, '13, 8:14 pm

Incredible !

Some GB are crazy, even in timescale 0.1 i don t understand everything :p

I wonder why do you sometime do a plasma jump after some GBs ? especially in the 2nd room iirc
ZeeL

Postby dqopb » Jan 18th, '13, 8:17 am

ZeeL wrote:I wonder why do you sometime do a plasma jump after some GBs ?
The 2nd GB (before the 1st tele) is followed by a PJ for additional ups.

The 3rd GB (1st affter the 1st tele) is followed by a PJ for additional ups and additional height (otherwise I couldn't get the next GB on a higher floor due to low height of falling).

The 4th GB (at the YA) has a plasma SHOT following, without a jump. That's because I couldn't jump immediately after the GB. If I did, I would hit the wall, because the speed was too big for that place, and the direction of the speed hadn't been turned enough yet. So I had to spent a couple frames on the ground, to lose spare side velocity by friction. I need that plasma shot to cover the small gap between YA and the next pad.

The 6th GB's PJ is the most interesting there. If I didn't do a PJ there, I'd land from the jump soon after the PG in that corridor. In this case I'd next do a GB+PJ before the climbing along the wall, but it would be too far from the floor's edge. So it would make the PC along the wall much weaker. In other words, the 6th GB was needed to cover a greater distance, to start the wall PC further.

Plasma shot on the wall before taking the PG was for a few additional ups, as well as for easy taking the PG.

The 7th GB has a PJ followed for easier climbing of course.

The 9th GB (on top of the plasma room) has a plasma shot to the wall in the middle of the GB. I don't remember the numbers, but the additional ups were pretty important there too.
dqopb

Postby ZeeL » Jan 18th, '13, 3:49 pm

Wow, eally clear explanation that shows this kind of runs need a LOT of research :p
ZeeL

Postby wubwub » Jan 18th, '13, 5:34 pm

dqopb wrote:The 2nd GB (before the 1st tele) is followed by a PJ for additional ups.

The 3rd GB (1st affter the 1st tele) is followed by a PJ for additional ups and additional height (otherwise I couldn't get the next GB on a higher floor due to low height of falling).

The 4th GB (at the YA) has a plasma SHOT following, without a jump. That's because I couldn't jump immediately after the GB. If I did, I would hit the wall, because the speed was too big for that place, and the direction of the speed hadn't been turned enough yet. So I had to spent a couple frames on the ground, to lose spare side velocity by friction. I need that plasma shot to cover the small gap between YA and the next pad.

The 6th GB's PJ is the most interesting there. If I didn't do a PJ there, I'd land from the jump soon after the PG in that corridor. In this case I'd next do a GB+PJ before the climbing along the wall, but it would be too far from the floor's edge. So it would make the PC along the wall much weaker. In other words, the 6th GB was needed to cover a greater distance, to start the wall PC further.

Plasma shot on the wall before taking the PG was for a few additional ups, as well as for easy taking the PG.

The 7th GB has a PJ followed for easier climbing of course.

The 9th GB (on top of the plasma room) has a plasma shot to the wall in the middle of the GB. I don't remember the numbers, but the additional ups were pretty important there too.

sounds like strangelove's diary
wubwub

Postby Arcaon » Jan 19th, '13, 3:04 pm

:clap:
Arcaon

Postby bunny » Jan 23rd, '13, 1:51 pm

dqopb wrote:Behold :lol: hehe
dfwc2012-1[df.cpm.bot]00.15.536(dqopb.Belarus).dm_68

u can save the first rocket at start bro.. just sayin :)

e: u dont need a single rocket for the shtart
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Postby dqopb » Jan 23rd, '13, 3:57 pm

bunny wrote:u can save the first rocket at start bro.. just sayin :)

e: u dont need a single rocket for the shtart

show a demo?
dqopb

Postby bunny » Jan 24th, '13, 1:56 am

well im not willing to start scripting a map somebody already did as well as u (really good job) but i meant this shtuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Postby esc?nebuLa » Jan 25th, '13, 10:08 am

bunny wrote:well im not willing to start scripting a map somebody already did as well as u (really good job) but i meant this shtuff

Theoretically, you could use this method, but it wouldn't be as flashy or awe-inspiring as dqopb's. 8-)
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby dqopb » Jan 28th, '13, 1:46 pm

bunny wrote:well im not willing to start scripting a map somebody already did as well as u (really good job) but i meant this shtuff

That's an interesting approach, BUT I don't think you can get as high as 1055 units using this method. Even if you can, how many PG cells will it take? How many HP will be spent due to repeatitive falling, and due to time spent since respawn?

This is an interesting approach, but I don't think it is applicable on this map.

By the way, the first room is ownable in vq3 with the time under 2 seconds. Faster than in cpm (although with all the 3 rockets spent).
Camping Gaz scripted this map in vq3 :o
I think he will let upload his demo once he applies some adjustments for better looking.
dqopb

PreviousNext