Board index mDd Board The q3df.org website

Lith and bazz N others using multiple

Everything related to the mDd website goes here.

Re: Lith and bazz N others using multiple

Postby $$-albion » Aug 19th, '09, 3:31 pm

<hk> wrote:...
Judge times, not accounts.

Dude, by saying that you just blew away the account system as it is now :p

Actually that sentence represents the "minnie-records" system :p Time was important not the account.

The account system was, in my eyes, to prevent ppl(people) for having more than one time on the same map, because they played with a different name, as this was the case with minnie's records. 1 person could've set all top10 times with 10 different names, the account system was the thing we needed to prevent this.
$$-albion

Postby <hk> » Aug 19th, '09, 6:13 pm

That indeed is a problem.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby hykon.se » Aug 19th, '09, 7:39 pm

By the way, I have always wanted my older accounts deleted, and all the other players couldn't probably care less if they were deleted or not. The only player who—for some reason—doesn't want those accounts deleted is you. Regardless of the fact that deleting an account is way faster and easier than deleting a time, or even worse, moving times to another account. :roll:
hykon.se

Postby <hk> » Aug 19th, '09, 8:49 pm

Well, there wouldn't be much left of the database.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby hykon.se » Aug 20th, '09, 1:09 am

mDd-Records: 68490
|:x| + (::) records: 169

Hmmm, I don't think that deleting 0,2% of the times in the database would be that much of a loss. :roll:
hykon.se

Postby aadad » Aug 20th, '09, 12:09 pm

<hk> wrote:Well, there wouldn't be much left of the database.
Weak excuse for not acting and having the DB spammed with multi accounts.

Since it's apparently okay after all, appropriate actions will follow.
aadad
accusing and complaining

Postby dS-kiddy » Aug 20th, '09, 10:06 pm

i have a bird. his name is lenny
dS-kiddy

Postby like@boss » Aug 21st, '09, 3:21 am

Merging them is a bad idea, don't set that precedent. You're basically just saying "it's OK we'll clean up your mess for you."

What I would do :
Everyone only gets 1 account - if they have more than one account presently then just send an email to all of their emails that have been registered (or we contact them some other way) and find out which account it is they want to keep. We'll have to be on the lookout and be consistent with this policy - after a while nobody will bother. Also, allow a feature that lets account holders to be able to wipe their times whenever they want. Then whenever someone feels like it they can start fresh and use a different name if that's really what they want.
like@boss

Postby <hk> » Aug 21st, '09, 8:11 am

qwerty wrote:Merging them is a bad idea, don't set that precedent. You're basically just saying "it's OK we'll clean up your mess for you."

I agree.

qwerty wrote:Everyone only gets 1 account - if they have more than one account presently then just send an email to all of their emails that have been registered (or we contact them some other way)

Already tryed that. The default behaviour is not replying. Since i have no means of finding multiple accounts i have to rely on reporting.

qwerty wrote:Also, allow a feature that lets account holders to be able to wipe their times whenever they want. Then whenever someone feels like it they can start fresh and use a different name if that's really what they want.

So only top3 times remain? No, Sir.

You are the first one that came up with an idea on how to solve this situation on your own. Some should learn a lesson from that. Nice try but it doesn't work.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby 742617000027 » Aug 21st, '09, 10:45 am

Couldn't you just generate a subpage for everyone using multi accounts on which all of his accounts are listed, so that he can decide which one to keep by klicking on that specific one? You could combine this with a deadline of, let's say, one week. When no action is taken, all accounts will be deleted. The link to that subpage can be sent by email to all of the adresses or by pm system (in case something like this exists on mDd, don't know). In that way, it wouldn't be too bad if you can't gather all the accounts of one person in one turn. You could repeat that procedure just as often as necessary, in case other accounts of one person are reported after the erasing action already happened once.

Edit: Oh, hk, you got qwerty wrong probably. I think he intended a system, where you can erase ALL of your times whenever you want to.

PreviousNext