Board index mDd Board The q3df.org website

Lith and bazz N others using multiple

Everything related to the mDd website goes here.

Re: Lith and bazz N others using multiple

Postby <hk> » Aug 12th, '09, 8:53 am

I talked to nightmare about this and we pretty much agree on things.

The login based record system was introduced so people can't set times for other people they don't like by changing their name. As a result people wouldn't give out their pasword.
This means, all double logins(people who use more than one account) are related to multiaccounts of one single player.
The best course of action therefore is to merge all those accounts into one regardless of possible nationality discrepancies.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby BazzD » Aug 12th, '09, 9:58 am

i never logged in for someone alse:) only lgged by wespy once lol:P
BazzD

Postby $$-albion » Aug 12th, '09, 6:18 pm

Yeah that wasn't obvious at all :D:p
$$-albion

Postby aadad » Aug 12th, '09, 6:59 pm

Let's point out some facts:

- ppl(people) shared accounts and have multiaccounts since like ever (nova, ryze, arcaon, tyaz, etc) and no action after reports were taken
- bad wesp starts to abuse the system and instant reaction is announced :ugeek:
- the login system was introduced for 2 reasons.
1) to prevent the tables from getting spammed when you change your ingame nickname
2) to prevent people setting times for other people AGAINST their will (it was a trend to set shit ranks for good players in order to fuck up their stats)
- your as the best action claimed proposal to merge all accounts divergences from the concept of the entire login system, epic fail.
- the entire multiaccount issue is only problematic when a person has 2 times on a map made from different accounts.
aadad
accusing and complaining

Postby $$-albion » Aug 12th, '09, 7:38 pm

why merge the accounts? Just delete the other accounts and the times set by other people. Merging them together is almost the same as saying: it's ok to have multiple accounts, we'll merge them together later when someone reports it :p
$$-albion

Postby hykon.se » Aug 12th, '09, 10:31 pm

So what if you have an old account with horrible times since you weren't as skilled before. Then you're gonna get punished by getting those old times added to your new account even though it has always been perfectly allowed before?

Meh, if you merge my accounts, I'll probably switch to ET's defrag-like mod instead.
hykon.se

Postby chicken » Aug 13th, '09, 7:23 am

^^
hmmmm... dum di dum
chicken
Site Admin

Postby frnk » Aug 18th, '09, 10:32 pm

rofl @ blastoise "im gonna switch if my newb times are gonna be merged" You're a fucking idiot. nuff said.
frnk

Postby hykon.se » Aug 18th, '09, 11:34 pm

blimpy wrote:rofl @ blastoise "im gonna switch if my newb times are gonna be merged" You're a fucking idiot. nuff said.

Actually, I have already been playing ET's defrag-like mod for a week now, so it's not like "I'LL FIND SOME OTHER GAME TO PLAY BECAUSE DF SUCKS". And I obviously will never quit defrag, but it would demotivate a bit to play and get as good times as possible (which is the main point of this mod) if lots of times in the style of 38/38, 71/152, 66/166 etc. were added to the times I've tried to keep as good as I really can for the last 9 months.
hykon.se

Postby <hk> » Aug 19th, '09, 9:19 am

Personally i don't care about multiple accounts. I have 2 on my own(2nd for testing). I set so many bad times in my hk account by accident that i don't even care about merging my accounts. But why should i merge at all?
One half of you wants to get rid of multiple accounts and the other one doesn't. So, how to resolv this?

How about not creating multiple accounts in the first place?
We have so many dead accounts in the database:
  • Accounts of people who are to dumb to remeber their password 5 minutes after they created the account.
  • Accounts of people who manage to put the same typo into their email address field twice.
  • Accounts of people who don't read/ignore the warnings about some providers dropping our mail and proceed to register with those email addresses anyway(majority).

You guys care too much about your accounts. Care about times, that is what matters. I don't care if there are some top100 times right next to top5 on my account. The top5 time is what matters. It makes you look more human.
The recorddatabase is there to prove that it's possible to score below X:XX:XXX and that in fact you are the one who did it.
Judge times, not accounts.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

PreviousNext