Board index mDd Board The q3df.org website

wiki

Everything related to the mDd website goes here.

wiki

Postby bunny » Jul 30th, '13, 6:18 pm

i dont wanna be rude but srsly this wiki is full of things i dont find to be so very awsum, i just read about half of the glossar and it made me very sad
i do realize its not complete but look at this example from the glossar:
"Strafejump(strafe)

Complex way of movement used to speed up beyond 320 u/s without using any weapons. The player holds down the strafe keys and turns the mouse to exploit a bug in the vector lengh computation. For more information see: How does Strafing work(not there yet). At higher speeds another bug becomes relevant that takes advantage of rounding errors. It is called "Velocity snapping"."

its freaking defrag and u shouldnt put false information about strafe jumping into a wiki about it
i no its pretty basic n everything but thats the thing
theres gonna be noobs reading this

dont get me wrong, ur work is highly appreciated its just that the way i would rather not see that linked on the main page

theres plenty of other stuff that just lacks too much information about the given technique used and or is faulty (like herohit, velocity snapping, strafe jumping, cj (what happened there?))
feel free to ask me for help if u need any but please do sth about dis

<3
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Re: wiki

Postby Newbrict » Sep 18th, '13, 4:38 am

+1
Newbrict

Postby <hk> » Sep 18th, '13, 10:46 am

[WWWD]newbrict wrote:+1

A post like this is completely useless. You are not helping at all.

For instance you could suggest a better way of phrasing the quoted section.
You could also come up with new sections. You did nothing of the sort to help improve the wiki. A simple "+1" just angers me.

ALSO

Before you post something like that, make sure this hasn't been fixed already. This thread is month old, you know.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Newbrict » Sep 19th, '13, 5:01 am

It looks the same to me...

on another note, it seems to me like you are the only one who can edit the "wiki"

you should rename it to something other than the incorrect "wiki" unless I'm missing something and everyone can edit it...
Newbrict

Postby <hk> » Sep 19th, '13, 10:39 am

There are a few other people who edit the wiki. Also you can only see a small fraction of the content in the wiki.
I agree to the name thing but it wasn't my choice.
I would have named it "Articles".
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Newbrict » Sep 19th, '13, 6:41 pm

<hk> wrote:There are a few other people who edit the wiki. Also you can only see a small fraction of the content in the wiki.

Why not give the community a real wiki? I mean it's -somewhat- helpful to have your articles but it would be much better if we had a real wiki. ( I mean if you really are opposed to this someone else will probably make one eventually )
Newbrict

Postby amt-morbus » Sep 21st, '13, 3:52 pm

[WWWD]newbrict wrote:
<hk> wrote:There are a few other people who edit the wiki. Also you can only see a small fraction of the content in the wiki.

Why not give the community a real wiki? I mean it's -somewhat- helpful to have your articles but it would be much better if we had a real wiki. ( I mean if you really are opposed to this someone else will probably make one eventually )

+1
amt-morbus