Users helping users.

Re: Useful Scripts

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 12th, '11, 4:35 pm

Meanwhile, my most advanced script simply toggles between 4 gazhud styles D:
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Arcaon » Oct 14th, '11, 11:05 pm

My most advanced script (~3-4 years old?) was a full-blown menu in the console, with sounds and sub-menus, where I could change settings at will. Nothing super-advanced in the code itself, but I was proud of it.
Arcaon

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 14th, '11, 11:50 pm

DF/// Arcaoff wrote:My most advanced script (~3-4 years old?) was a full-blown menu in the console, with sounds and sub-menus, where I could change settings at will. Nothing super-advanced in the code itself, but I was proud of it.

I'd like to see that. It sounds amazing.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby $$-albion » Oct 15th, '11, 9:43 am

DF/// Arcaoff wrote:My most advanced script (~3-4 years old?) was a full-blown menu in the console, with sounds and sub-menus, where I could change settings at will. Nothing super-advanced in the code itself, but I was proud of it.

So your strafescripts and weaponscripts aren't that advanced? Suuuuuuuuuure... :D
$$-albion

Postby Arcaon » Oct 15th, '11, 2:17 pm

KittenIgnition wrote:

I'd like to see that. It sounds amazing.

Thanks bro! I might attempt to replicate it; too lazy to try to find my old hard drive for it.

$$-albion wrote:

So your strafescripts and weaponscripts aren't that advanced? Suuuuuuuuuure... :D

lol y u mad tho
Arcaon

Postby <hk> » Oct 29th, '11, 11:53 pm

Sometimes, when I want to watch demos I am forced into 3rd person instead of 1st person view for some reason. Since this happens rarely I forget the command to fix it every time. I made a cfg for that.

Code: Select all
seta df_demos_cameraMode "8"
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 30th, '11, 3:31 am

<hk> wrote:Sometimes, when I want to watch demos I am forced into 3rd person instead of 1st person view for some reason. Since this happens rarely I forget the command to fix it every time. I made a cfg for that.

seta df_demos_cameraMode "8"

What's the cfg name? ;)
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby <hk> » Oct 30th, '11, 3:55 am

getdemosworking.cfg :P
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 30th, '11, 6:54 am

<hk> wrote:getdemosworking.cfg :P

Clever!
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby GlueDrinker » Dec 24th, '11, 6:19 pm

Another demo recording bind:

bind F4 "stoprecord ; varjoin user_nomedemo <0> bindrec/[ $chsinfo(108) _ $chsinfo(109) ]__ $chsinfo(115) _ $chsinfo(118) ; varcommand record $user_nomedemo"
bind F5 "stoprecord ; varjoin user_nomedemo <0> bindrec/[ $chsinfo(108) _ $chsinfo(109) ]__ $chsinfo(115) _PlayerName ; varcommand record $user_nomedemo"
bind F6 "stoprecord"

Starts recording a new demo with each key press, using the following naming scheme:

[YYYYMMDD_hhmmss]__mapname_playername.dm_68

Timestamps are added to the filenames so that no file is ever overwritten. All demos are saved in a separate folder.
Use the second bind if the playername includes spaces or characters that cannot be used in filenames.

Can be useful while spectating or freestyling (just add your position restore command).
GlueDrinker

PreviousNext