Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

questions about strafehud and stairs in CPM/VQ3

Users helping users.

questions about strafehud and stairs in CPM/VQ3

Postby ihavebadsound » Dec 27th, '13, 9:22 pm

Is there a strafing hud for practicing or something? There is a really popular one is racesow.

also, what is the best way to deal with staircases? They are really raping me.
ihavebadsound

Re: two questions

Postby ZeeL » Dec 27th, '13, 10:36 pm

Hello there

I guess you could try the cgaz hud that you can enable in the defrag menu. It s a bit tricky to use at first but it can help. maybe you can check the (old) video on YT called genesis : the beginning of
It will explain you the very basics and how to read this hud.

For staircase, you have to land just before the first stair then do a very quick double jump and you ll fly over the rest of the stairs as long as there s not too many of these. This works in CPM, can't be sure about VQ3 but i guess it s more spammy in vq3 ^^

You can try to train on

https://ws.q3df.org/map/chronos_cpmrun5/

This map has a stair set just at the start and enough flat and easy start to approach them safely.
ZeeL

Re: two questions

Postby TittenIgnition » Dec 30th, '13, 4:08 pm

Please, if you're going to learn how to strafe using the Gazhud, or if you're simply going to learn how to use the Gazhud, use mode 9. DF_HUD_CGAZ "9". This will turn on just the part that's important for strafing. It's the biggest piece of advice for new players.

As for stairs, there is no solution other than avoiding them in VQ3. In CPM, just doublejump off of the first and you'll get about half a second where you basically ignore all following stairs. You know - like what ZeeL just said.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition