Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

z_malloc problem :(

Users helping users.

z_malloc problem :(

Postby char4n » Jul 24th, '13, 11:00 pm

hi! some time a go i started whit this problem in some maps, like cityrocket for example:

Code: Select all
----- Client Shutdown (Client fatal crashed: Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 6859704 bytes from the main zone) -----
recursive error after: Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 6859704 bytes from the main zone

One month a go i can play this map whithout any problem, but now this happend...
com_hunkmegs "256" and com_zonemegs "24"

Someone can help me with this? Thx!
my english is bad! :/
char4n

Re: z_malloc problem :(

Postby char4n » Jul 24th, '13, 11:10 pm

oooo, sorry, i solve it deleting some maps from de "defrag" folder and now works.

but i dont know the reason.. whats the limit of pk3's? why just some maps are affected?
char4n

Postby <)Ghost(> » Jul 25th, '13, 3:15 am

you really shouldn't have more than like 200(just a guess) .pk3's in your defrag/baseq3 folder.

repack your maps.
<)Ghost(>

Postby char4n » Jul 25th, '13, 12:45 pm

<)Ghost(> wrote:you really shouldn't have more than like 200(just a guess) .pk3's in your defrag/baseq3 folder.

repack your maps.

ok, thx ghost.
you know some method to repack in linux?? the programs i have seen are all for windows
char4n

Postby <hk> » Jul 25th, '13, 3:41 pm

When I get back home, I'll give you a small shell script I use to repack on linux.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby char4n » Jul 25th, '13, 6:23 pm

<hk> wrote:When I get back home, I'll give you a small shell script I use to repack on linux.

ok :) thank you very much hk!
char4n

Postby P3NT4! » Jul 28th, '13, 3:33 pm

wine repacker.exe charan ql
P3NT4!

Postby <)Ghost(> » Jul 28th, '13, 7:54 pm

Or if you're reaaaally bored you can do it manually.
<)Ghost(>

Postby <hk> » Jul 28th, '13, 11:16 pm

I couldn't find my repacker for my defrag client so I'll be posting my repacker for the server pk3s. It filters the bsp-files out because that's the only thing the server needs.

I don't know your level of bash scripting. In case you need help to modify it to your needs, I can help you. This should be pretty strait forward, though. unpack all the pk3s (they are just zip files with different ending), filter by name and then zip the whole content.
You basically just have to skip the filter stuff.

Remember: don't repack the pk3 files that come with defrag. They might get mixed up with new data from future defrag versions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby char4n » Aug 1st, '13, 5:43 pm

<hk> wrote:I couldn't find my repacker for my defrag client so I'll be posting my repacker for the server pk3s. It filters the bsp-files out because that's the only thing the server needs.

I don't know your level of bash scripting. In case you need help to modify it to your needs, I can help you. This should be pretty strait forward, though. unpack all the pk3s (they are just zip files with different ending), filter by name and then zip the whole content.
You basically just have to skip the filter stuff.

Remember: don't repack the pk3 files that come with defrag. They might get mixed up with new data from future defrag versions.

ty hk! sorry, but just now i see this post. i will try it!

pd: my level of bash is 0 :(
char4n